Hey Blizzard, I think I am done with you

I’m sure no one cares, but I’d like to voice my displeasure to Blizzard.

I started gaming when Warcraft 1 came out. Warcraft got me into strategy games which is my favorite genre today.

Then Diablo was released and I fell in love with arpgs. I still play arpgs now when I blow off some steam or just get the itch to loot stuff.

Starcraft farther cemented my love for strategy. I spent many long nights playing with my friends in school.

WoW came along and finally got me into MMORPGS. My wife, then girlfriend, and I were long distance dating cause she had moved halfway across the country. WoW helped us keep in touch by giving us something to do together.

You’ve touched my life in some way for 30 years Blizzard. This sounds dramatic, but it’s true. As a socially awkward kid, I needed as many ways to connect with people as I could get. And EVERYONE loved your games. Even the cool kids. I made connections with people I had no business talking to otherwise.

But it seems like you just don’t care anymore. And I don’t believe you anymore, when you act like you do.

169 Likes

This is sad and embarrassing.

pls delet this

4 Likes

If Blizzard has been touching you for 30 years you need to speak with your local police department.

60 Likes

Nice post OP. Im not a fan of the shouting of gimme this or I REFUND level of voicing displeasure at Blizzards service.

Your post however speaks volumes, and comes across as a genuine players displeasure on what they had then, and the loyalty associated with a historically good experience…with the degredation of today.

I hope Blizzard read this, as it is a true reflection of what many had from the company vs what they have now. Whether its the take over by Activision, the focus of the lawsuit and global publicity behind it…or a lack of resource…Blizz need to take a step back and look at where they are going wrong, then address it in an honest, open and inclusive manner.

40 Likes

On another note - ignore trolling comments.

11 Likes

There are no trolls here, just people trolling.

2 Likes

Youre right. We dont care. Bye.

2 Likes

That was a beautiful story.
Blizzard was your puppy then it became an unruly stepson.

No need for the lengthy diatribe, just move on, bud. You’re clearly upset that the servers are down again, but have zero experience in running something like this, so you have no idea the work that goes into running, let alone maintaining it.

1 Like

OMG the server is down! I’m so done with blizzard.

right…

when the server backs up again, you will start playing their games again.

luls

6 Likes

I can understand the disappointment in blizzard, but this just goes too far lol.

I swear blizzard fanboys are some of the worst ppl i’ve seen express themselves in forums or social media

2 Likes

If you find the perfect pearl, with perfect lore, perfect launches, perfect servers and perfect employment policies, be sure to contact me. I’m not acknowledging any behaviors here. I never felt I needed an adult to feel touched by Blizzard ( I mean pre activision) and liking it. I’m almost a middle aged man now, still clinging to what it was, what it made me feel.

I can understand why you are upset, feeling betrayed. Blizzard, the real one, in my head, is more like an idea, a dream and some expectations. They made some unexpected needs into virtual reality.

And now, I try to separate my needs and dreams from the reality. I might be in deny, I might be closing my eyes to some terrible things happening or happened to some individuals. Do I judge the creation by what the artist did during it’s life. I could, I might, maybe I should. I’m still unclear on that part. I do feel uneasy and confused. That might not be your opinion, you could be very frustrated and you are right to feel that way. I am not or I’m not there yet.

I never experienced a game with a perfect release since I’m gaming online, which I’ve been doing since 1998. I didn’t play every single possible game, so maybe there was some. I can make an educated guess that very big games with a lot of fanbase and expectation, never and I’ll say it again, never, had a smooth release.

Not saying it’s okay to serve crap because we’re used to, even if we weren’t. I’m simply saying it’s the kind of situation that tends to happen over a big release. Nothing to fuss about other than having unstable gameplay.

Nothing better than pay and not to play right?

The development of D2R was a basically a response to an unhappy fan base. It shows they care, but their delivery has obviously not been the greatest. Your emotional health is more important though, if breaking away from a game is what you need to do, this is good enough impetus as any to do so. Blizzard will still be working while you’re away and they’ll be ready if you ever come back.

2 Likes

To be fair it’s not just the servers.

It’s the servers. It’s the woke moves poisoning the games starting from Overwatch and WoW and now seeping into other IPs. It’s embracing a loot box economy in Overwatch and HotS. It’s 90% of the OG staff not only being gone, but being gone and disavowed by new staff with an infuriating “we can do better” attitude. It’s Overwatch 2 going nowhere fast. It’s WoW being a directionless Skinner box from BfA onward. It’s D3’s design and launch being a disaster, only to be somewhat salvaged by RoS but then being scrapped entirely and put on life support for ~10 years. It’s canceling most new spins on franchises that could have brought something new to the table over the past 15 years, like a Dark Souls inspired Diablo or Starcraft Ghost.

The 2000s’ Blizzard, the Blizzard that produced Diablo I & II, Starcraft, Warcraft III, classic World of Warcraft, is dead. The 2010’s and onward Blizzard just ain’t the same company anymore. And for being 10 times bigger, it manages to do 10 times worse.

17 Likes

wish i could delete you…

2 Likes

D2 Resurrected is an awesome game. Vicarious Visions did an amazing job. They have literally nothing to do with Blizzard being crap at their own server setups. The game and the servers have nothing to do with each other. The game is brilliant. The servers are terrible. Focus your rage to where it’s actually supposed to go.

5 Likes

Its a Forum for general disscussion, he is expressing his opinion about his percieved drop in quality over a game company he has enjoyed for over 30 years… Honest criticism is how things get better ! you calling him a fanboy and the worst ppl says more about you then him.

2 Likes

I am sure the OP will be back in the game playing again one the servers come up. Don’t worry folks. They are just upset over this and just need to cooldown a bit. They always come back.

touch some grass, it will do you good

1 Like

You’re right. If only there were a multi-billion dollar company, preferably one that had decades of experience running online games, that was in charge … then we wouldn’t have more downtime than basemen startup projects.

1 Like