Hey Blizz, How much do you want for the game? THE WHOLE GAME!

Yeah, you heard that right. Since you guys don’t seem care about it anymore, why not sell it to the community?

I will crowd fund enough money to buy the platform, employ a few coders to maintain it, and actually listen to the community.

How much do you guys think its worth? 2 mill? 10 mill? More?

For those that think Blizzard cares…

1. Chat is STILL broken 6 seasons in.
  2. Zero changes for 2 seasons in a row.
  3. Though I don’t want it that badly, SSF leaderboard is clearly something people want, would be easy to do, but they don’t even respond.
  4. Loot filter would be so easy and not make things unfair. Will actually make it more fair given that they allow people to use 3rd party ones which makes it unfair for people who don’t use it.
  5. Bots still rampent.

Do I need to go on?

So come on, sell it to me. Or someone else, like Lhama or another coder that will do something good with it. I will pitch in a decent amount of money to get it into the hands of someone who actually cares about it.

Flame on…

6 Likes

I think the universe would die from heat death before Blizzard would sell the Diablo IP.

3 Likes

best rando idea i’ve seen in a while. they def need to let someone else take control. this is pathetic.

4 Likes

For that amount, they’d probably let you hold their beer, while outdoing themselves for the next dumpsterfire.

What the bloody hell people taking…

Copiates of various sorts. I like to roll a joint now and then to dull the cynicism a lil’ bit. Seen some take the copioids straight up the sleeve, rough stuff I tell ya.

There’s a little thing called intellectual property that you will never be able to afford to purchase from blizzard

1 Like

sucks that they aren’t intelligent with it

1 Like

It already did. First to Activision, then to Microsoft; together with other IPs.
“Blizzard” is only a legacy name now. It’s a whole different company than it used to be.

2 Likes

well if this just for the intellectual property transfer and you are NOT entitled to the diablo franchise, the formula is retained earnings times 15. So roughly 8~12 million dollars, which is a very very generous offer.

So given that there are 50,000 active users and if we pitched in 240usd ea, we would be able to buy d2. Lets get kickstarter ready.

From that amount of money, just create your own ARPG that is “better” than Diablo. Simple! I mean in most people’s minds. In reality…not so much. :slight_smile:

MS owns it anyway. wank more

It could work but you lnow… marketing, franchise being known etc