Help with returning bow zon

When I Played bowazon for a year, with Basic Fort/WF Act 2 Reapers Toll Setup, I did pretty good, I Turned That Zon into a Javazon when I finally got everything for Enigma/Griffons/Infinity

Then I kinda missed playing bow and came across alot more runes and can make anything I want Like Faith, or Pride and still have my Original Bow gear

2 Options are Faith/WF setup or act 2 pride Setup

My one question is with Faith merc I need to max out Valkarie for tanking purposes? Everything is gonna me coming straight at me with no tanky guy between us

Other route is Might merc with pride or even Reapers toll merc decked out for tanking and not put points into Valkarie?

ANy help appreciated

If you can make both a Faith and Pride, I’d go with this combination for your bowazon. A Faith GMB is top tier as self-wield option, and a Might/Pride merc is best for general gameplay.

You will need 95% IAS to make this work well: 45% ias from circlet, 20% from cat’s eye or highlord’s, 20% from gloves, 10% from noscoil. You will then want to pump as many points into pierce as possible. You will also want to get as many max damage charms as you can from there.

1 Like

Totally agree with Onadroig. Faith GMB on yourself plus Pride might merc is the best possible option. Important note here is that you need to roll at least level 13 fanaticism or above on your Faith GMB in order to reach the 7 frames attack speed with 95 IAS. If you roll level 12 Fanaticism the things are getting more complicated because you will need 100 IAS and you have to dump the Fortitude armor and to replace it with other body armor which will give you more IAS, which means minus 300 enhanced damage…

Check Faith Runeword Base Guide in PureDiablo for more info.

Windforce on yourself plus Faith on act 1 mercenary is not reliable. You can check around here in the amazon section of the forum, many other good players will tell you the same.

I got lucky +5 GMB, lvl 13 Fanaticism
I Have a WF, and can make a Pride so i can mess around with both Mercs, I see some dont like act 1 cuz the range and the buff drops off alot

As for hitting 100 IAS is gonna be tricky

Congrats, if you hit lvl 13 fanaticism you are fine, you need 95 IAS - 45 from the helm, 20 from the amulet, 20 from the gloves and 10 from the belt.

Yes, try both mercs and you will clearly see the difference. It is not only that act1 merc is frequently dropping the buff because of the limited range of the fanaticism, but also she is not dealing any significant damage and she can not tank for you.

Try both of them and let me know what is your conclusion.

Update on this, I tried to get a good 3OS Helm with good Mod, I Just couldnt see spending all my runes in 3x 15/40s and a good 3OS, so I just went with Mavina’s
Although it is a Machine gun build, the damage output is still pretty low, Id need to drop all my resist charms and load up on AR/Life/Damage skillers. Which means more runes to spend. AND the Act 1 merc is just stupid, the merc gets stuck everywhere.

Will Switch to Act 2 Pride soon with updates

I Know this is the biggest debate on the Amazon Forums and reddit which is better, I try not pick sides and test stuff myself…

Yep, bowazon are not bad but average. Too bad they are fuun to play. Hopefully 2.6 patch will fix that but I won’t bet on that. If there’s a 2.6…

You should have some resist small charms but your grand charms should max damage AR ones. You can feel a difference between having these and not, especially if you’re not using a faith and especially if you don’t have much damage sources else where.

You don’t need max res with a bowazon and can focus on making sure your light res is at a decent amount. Having fortitude and decent Anni and torch go a long way.

I think I will stick with the faith instead of Windforce and Keep the 95 IAS, with a pride merc, I got some Mid AR/damage scattered on my accts
Will Update later with some good charms/Pride and 95IAS Faith build