Hell difficulty, last respec

Hello guys. I just got to act 4 hell after many hours of dying on offline mode. I started off my first respec going blizzard and then around level 60 going toward meteor, however meteor sucks to use, unless I’m just bad. I then switched to frozen orb/fireball and started farming hell andariel to get some gears. I realized that frozen orb was kind of pointless to pair with fireball because you have to cast one or the other, cant do them both at the same time against andariel because you have to keep running or else get 2 shot lol. I tried moving on to act 3 and died probably over 100 times. I do so little damage to cold immunes with fireball that its pointless for me to even have it in the first place. Should I use my last respec on going back to pure blizzard and then running past cold immunes? Or is there any other hybrid build I have yet to try that can get me through hell and let me farm mephisto and andariel too? I was doing hell andariel on P3 difficulty in around 1:45m by spamming frozen orb but killing mephisto and most mobs past Act II is a chore with this build.

My stuffs:
spirit sword and rhyme shield
magic find boots
goldwrap belt (got from andariel farming)
two crafted caster rings with fcr and some mana regen
+2 cold skills rare amulet
lore helm
16% magic find gloves
stealth armor ( I just found a skullders ire but i dont have 70 str to equip it :frowning: )
Merc has insight and some random armor, he dies in around 2 seconds to even a zombie

Hey not sure if you’re still having trouble or not but sorc can be kinda tricky idk try to find your merc a better armor try to find a 2os armor and make smoke runeword. I finished hell with orb/firewall but it was kinda tough especially trying to kill the ancients. Unfortunately in act 4 in chaos sanctuary you’re gonna run into a lot of cold immunes. If you wanna make the game slightly easier you can use a hero editor on d2runewizard .com and you can make yourself a couple items since you’re offline. I usually play online but I’ve been having a blast with hero editor trying all different crazy builds.

You mentioned you ‘have to keep running’ for Andy. Your merc should be tanking her while you unload with fireballs, as she has really low resistance to fire.

What merc do you have?

Also with a Sorc you should be telly’s a lot to reposition as it brings your merc to you. Once you are more used to doing that you are better at playing a sorc.

Reddit - Dive into anything read above for free respec in offline mode

I’m lvl 88 was able to get though hell with frozen orb and meteor, ancients I had to kite them contantly dropping meteor while running. once I was able to farm pindleskin I found most gear i was looking for including Oculus, Hcrest , Vipermage magefists. Geared my mech a bit more with lifeleech helm and duriels shell armor and runeword staff, I kill stuff so fast now merc doesnt die very often anymore. I’m online so I have 1 respec left and plan to go Lighning once i find more runes and gear. Lastly check your resistance if lacking and not max or near you are going to stuggle. Smoke runeword armor gives +50 resist to all (and it’s cheap to make), I used that until I found better armor.