Hc death after disconnect

I had this too. It does not look like a network issue. The disconnect is instant and without any foreshadowing, look at the clip, there is no desync, no issues nothing like that. It just disconnects. This wasn’t the case in Legacy. There you would kinda see monsters walking in place and such while it tries to reconnect, and more often than not it would reconnect. If it wouldn’t then you would see the error screen “your connection has been interrupted”

here is my case: PSA: Just don't play HC online

And besides, why does the game client just “disconnect” without trying to reconnect? In my clip you can clearly see that i was able to get on the “online” tab instantly, so there was no issues with the connection, clearly if the game has reistablished it, i would have plenty of chances.

P.S. in other words, why is there a (however many seconds) timeout on the server, if the client does not leverage this timeout? Fix it one way or the other.

LMAO, thats all you got? Thats shows your capability to argue just as much as the rest of your posts. We call this grammarnazi, usally people no one likes. Your loss. roflmao

1 Like

This is literally the point of hardcore, that if you lose your character due to [insert any reason here], it’s gone.

I’m not interested in that, so i play softcore. Coming here to complain that the hardcore mechanics are exactly as advertised and you’re upset that you lost time you’d invested in your character is exactly like putting everything on red and then complaining that you lost your investment when it comes up black.

There isn’t going to be a change to the mechanics here. They’re well established, and are part of the experience of hardcore. If you get upset by losing progress, theres LITERALLY a game mode just for you (hint: it’s softcore. You can join the rest of us chickens there)

1 Like

I might play softcore, but I try to play as if I were playing hardcore… aka try reeeeeeeally hard not to die. :slight_smile:

This is an intentional D3 mechanic, it was never a real part of D2. Generally you die to a DC ‘lag’ which has always happened on D2: the server didn’t ‘get the message’ that you DC’d. When fighting dangerous enemies like Andy it’s quite easy to die to them if you are stuck not moving due to a DC. For D2 if you DC it’s best to Alt + F4 the game.

The reason I can say this isn’t a D2 ‘feature’ is that I can save and exit or Alt + F4 when I get in a dangerous spot and I instantly leave the game. If I DC, I have a more significant risk of dying thus when I DC, I Alt + F4 to close the game. It seems that removes my char sooner.

that doesnt even make sense. you can disconnect with even less effort with alt f4 instead of pulling your ethernet (lol). ive alt f4’d in some hilariously close situations and dont lose characters.

2 Likes

So the point is to loose it randomly with no player agency. Thats your opnion. Fine if thats how you see it, We disagree here I dont even need to read further.

In my opinion, character death is only an acceptable out if thats the players fault. Hardcore AND softcore. Both causes frustration. A 10sec delay is unreasonable for a dc.

1 Like

It is not 10 seconds. it is 40 seconds. It’s simply stupid. I’ve previously written about it and I’m also asking for a rework. If I may, feel free to have a read :

2 Likes

I lost my first hc character lvl 81 yesterday due to server dc. There was 1 skeleton next to me. How insanely stupid it is to lose all your work because blizzard cannot fix this issue. If you dc it should be exactly the same as pressing alt+f4 or save & exit as you can write yourself a macro for it. I enjoy hc way more than sc but I’m not investing another XX hours to lose a character to freaking dc.

Softcore is going wild with thousands of bots and hc is broken because of dc deaths. This game is such a mess it’s insane.

1 Like

It really doesn’t make a sense and it’s really ironic anyone would say that in a non satire tone.

The mental gymnastics and leaps people take to sound “smart” and stroke their egos, man.
We need to crucify our egos and humble down if we really want to improve D2.

1 Like

here you can see that i disconnect at 0:03 and even at 0:38 it still says my char is in the game. this is NOT ok. lucky for me i have killed most of the mobs, my merc dies, probably because of the poison, and if there were just one small guy, this char would have been rip awell. nothing i can do against it. this needs to change

2 Likes

What the hell kind of solution is that lol. My goodness. Do you just give into everything in life???

I was lately disconnected a few times but my Char&Merc never died and I never lost experience, WTF Blizzard, I’m scared to play, to lose more experience. Today when in Lut Gholein I was dc and fount later my Javazon and Merc dead and some exp was gone. Interestingly is that disconnecting only happens to high-level characters and only in the time of TZ.

its part of the hardcore thrills :wink:

what you suggest would just make everyone pull their rj45 as soon as in danger.
a bit of an anti-hardcore mentality.

i lost more characters than i can count to random disconnects and a couple crashes over the countless chaos runs. it’s part of the “charm” lol

when it happens i just rage for 5 seconds and then switch to “GO AGANE!” mentality.

Same happened to me 3 days ago, when the crazy disconnects started. My first time playing HC, always been a SC player, thought I’d see what the HC buzz was about. It will be my last, if it would have been my bad move, my mistake, my greed, then yeah I would deserve the death. But a week worth of building / gearing a char to have it end like that, the HC community can keep it.

I remember my similar situation as if happened yesterday. Season 1, war cry barb, Vmagi found in day 1 reset and slayed by a dark one by dc. I remeber some staff member mailing me that it’s ok to lost a Blizzard character since he lost one too due a storm outbreaking the converter’s capacitors at the central electric of their city

This is why i never play HC online. It doesn’t matter how perfect you play. Sooner or later you always die to some server/connection related issue.

This is super saddening to hear especially since this wasnt an issue in the original. There is absolutely zero reason to keep people hanging around in a live game when theyve disconnected. The game could detect a dc 20 years ago why change things now? And dont you dare say people would exploit it when you can alt+f4 or save and exit. Lets also take a moment to appreciate classic d2. Perhaps ill play that instead of this heap

Yes it absolutely was issue, i died multiple times because of it.

Chat GPT everybody! Lets get a round of applause