Hating on PVPers

Anyone else think caring about pvp mechanics in a game this old is like complaining about someone changing N64 golden eye, duke nukem 3D, or quake… I really don’t care what you guys think anyways so comment away

1 Like

See, i dont care about it neither but there is no need to make a topic like this one

Pvp gonna get arenas, problably this year so it gonna get some love

1 Like

PvP’ers are most of the reason this game got re-mastered. They are the ones who stuck with the game for 15 years after many better/newer/more modern games came out. Is it really a good idea to snub the fans who kept this franchise going and enabled Blizz to cash in on a re-make?

I’m a PvE’er I moved to Guild Wars at its release and it made D2 look so antiquated I didn’t look back. I even liked it’s PvP side better than D2’s. But there was a dedicated group of PvP’ers who stuck with this game. I for one thank them for making the re-make possible and I would hope Blizz does give them a game they wish to keep playing for the next 20 years.

7 Likes

[Citation needed]

Sure sounds like you’re pulling it out of thin air.

7 Likes

But if the mechanic is only a pvp mechanic, and the people that pvp are saying the change is bad… wtf do you care? You dont pvp, the mechanic doesnt affect you, feel free to not talk?

1 Like

Anyone that kept playing ladder and knew the PvP scene would tell you.

Desagree, if someone is to blame its the modding community

What you barking about?

3 Likes

I don’t think blizzard is pro mods, if they were they would support d2r modding.

Eh they sorta support modding, they support .txt based mods but nothing that modifies .dll files or code injection which unfortunately a lot of original D2 mods relied on.

That said, I do hope we see modding support expanded in the future and I would really like the option of modded multiplayer (TCP reinstated or an alternative LAN function), we’ll see though. I’m not keeping my hopes up but I hope the Microsoft acquisition will somehow be good news when they take over management in 2023.

1 Like

PvPers kind of bring this to themselves tho. Just look at the forum any changes will meet with a huge negative response with “this is bad for pvp” etc kind of comment, even for those who have been super underpowered in pvm senario. If all they cares about are pvp, and don’t give a damn about pvm, then why should people who love pvm cares and understand PvPers anyways?

5 Likes

It’s goes both ways, when something is overturned the go to response for PvMers is well hammerdins are still stronger. Maybe balanced shouldn’t be based on an op skill that really deserves a nerf. It makes me think pvmers just like seeing big numbers without any forethought.

1 Like

That’s true, but there’s also a group of pvmers who request for nerfing hammedin and other op builds. But for PvPers all you see are don’t change this and don’t change that because it breaks pvp.

That’s the difference.

3 Likes

? No. A large part of us ask either for a specific pvp reduction skill specified so buff in pvm can be negated specifically in pvp, or either for some others way of buffing skill in PvM with out destroying PvP. Also our biggest cause of discontent is the anti stunlock mechanic, something that is relative to PvP only and doesnt impact PvM at all

2 Likes

A lot of pvpers are asking for separated balance from pvm as well. But whenever it’s brought up, pvmers always spamming this is a pvm game. Like what do you want, separate balance doesn’t effect pvm at all. Do people just expect everyone to be content grinding Pindle forever? Fhr is by far the worst pvp change and it doesn’t involve pvm at all.

1 Like

There are tons of items for trading that are actually for pvp, if you remove pvp, most of the items from the floor and gambling would be worthless and not even picked up. PvE setup its easy, Farming its easy with or without items, pvp kept loot worth all this years.

5 Likes

I disagree and don’t think we should “hate” on PVPers. I just wish that people realized that blizzard’s efforts on this patch are to bring UP underused skills/builds to the level of viability in PVM.

There are a LOT of updates needed: 1) Lobby Fix 2) Nerfs/buffs to old runewords/uniques 3) Adding content (act 6? New version of “uber bosses” or late game content and 4) Balancing PVP.

I think that there WILL be a time over the next couple of years that blizzard takes a stab at PVP balancing, but its honestly low on the priority list - as the bulk of the players play PVM.

When the time comes - I do want to hear the strategies for balancing PVP. from a fundamental perspective (not just item/skill changes, but scaling damage, armor etc).

1 Like

Read the original post, then read my reply. If your reading comprehension prevents you from understanding, seek help elsewhere.

First, its you who failed to understand what i wrote…
2nd, go back to the hole you came from

Just flag the guy, instead of argueing and let’s get on whit our lives. The dude is clearly a troll, created this post and left for good.

1 Like

I like the idea of d2r getting serious development for years to come.