Has anyone from Blizzard given any sort of response to how upset us console players are?

Been looking through the forums quite a bit about all of us voicing how upset we are with lack of chat, lobbies, the multiplayer system, no keyboard and mouse support etc etc. I haven’t seen a single response from Blizzard acknowledging we aren’t being left in the dark here. Just wondering if anyone has seen a response on here or Twitter/Facebook/Instagram. I know they said something about fixing things after the beta but I have yet to see anything after they said that. It would be nice to get a response to let us know they see how upset we are and want to help fix it, even if we don’t end up getting exactly what we want (which would have been an exact port of Diablo II but with updated graphics and quality of life changes)

52 Likes

Not yet, nope.

Hopefully, some intern will draw the short straw soon, and will show themselves around here.

13 Likes

You can tell when a blue has dropped by with the blue Blizzard prefix at the topic list. E.g. #ConsolePlayersMatter thread over in the D3 Console forum - you dont have to scoll down far to see it. Post 35 if you go into the topic.

Diablo 3 : Console Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums

No such marker in D2 Console topic list yet, but it’s still early.

5 Likes

You can play with your friends fine.

No issues there at all.

What you can’t do is desperately Blitz the game and Power Level yourself to “Endgame” in 5 days.

Boohoo.

I expect that lobbies and trading will improve over time when they become relevant to the majority of the player base.

2 Likes

you may not want to play with a friend, but say, play with randoms. You know, sometimes your friends are all offline…

but nice way to defend Blizzard. Man this fandom truly sucks.

31 Likes

and you probably won’t see a response. We’ve had like 3 responses in like 5 years on the D3 console forums…Blizzard’s communication and customer care is truly ATROCIOUS.

7 Likes

I know.

All they did instead was keep upgrading and improving the game for free.

I’m sure there will be similar updates for D2: Resurrection as time moves on.

1 Like

QFE.

Did you buy d2r DP?

Issues with Dur killing you as you load in. Issues with your progress getting reset. So yes there is issues the blues need to address

3 Likes

I can’t join my friends after an hour of gameplay

They allready got out money :grin:

And don’t let hope die, even Overwatch got virtual keyboard just a moment before game died at console, it just took 2 years roughly and also needed gross play to get it.

Probably when devs notice that console players have stoped playing this game they probably check this sub forum and test something out, like making ” chatting wheel ” bigger or so…

5 Likes

Maybe on PC they did…tonnes of stuff still broken on consoles…

I did, and when I looked at the no lobby or chat I cancelled my pre-order. Glad I did.

2 Likes

That’s a good option they give to check out beta and see if you like it. Will you buy it if they fix lobby/chat? What do you think about the need for kb for chat?

1 Like

if they fix lobbies/voice chat, and I have the money, I’ll buy it. D2 was never my fave game of the trio to be honest, but to be fair to the game, back when I played D2 for around 2 years after it came out, I didn’t play builds and use rune word gear. Judging by my experiences with the pre/open beta, I think I’ll enjoy it more now, given that I’m using a build etc.

There was no sane reason for Blizzard to offer a sub-standard version of the game to console players. Blizzard needs to stop giving us half hearted efforts and give us the real deal with their games.

I’m well and truly over D3, it’s just not doing it for me anymore. The game is broken in so many ways it isn’t funny. You know how I feel about D3.

1 Like

That’s good, some hope there.

I personally feel it’s a smart move to release on console, but it does appear they’ve made a call that’s played out poorly (lobbys). I’m going to be really interested to see how seriously they take resounding feedback that’s coming in spades.

I do :slight_smile:

No, they show us how much they care for console players. They didnt even come with 1 blue post to show us what they gonna do about console players. Its more easy to ignore all of us instead of take care of your actions. This is the classic D2 untoched expirience they promiced.

5 Likes

I tweeted Rod and Adam to ask for information on the console issues. I know we all want lobbies and mkb support but they should at least address the issues with the matchmaking system.

4 Likes

I was ok for waiting past launch weekend for an update. We’ve all had a taste of the console experience now…and it tastes like hot garbage. We’ve just gone through a full Monday without at least an acknowledgement. Just throw a tweet out either way to let me know if I can sell my copy or not, because as it stands now in its current form it’s unappealing to first timers and revolting to those of us returning.

7 Likes

There obviously needs to be updates to lobbies and chat, but I do think people are overreacting and partly making things worse. It’s still playable… Day 1 when people actually played online on Xbox I had 0 issues running through Normal with randoms. Now I can’t find a lobby or run for the life of me.

I mean, you can do Baal/Chaos/Cow runs etc without chat and there’s options to make/search specific lobbies for those, so why people aren’t making any lobbies and just playing solo is beyond me. Yes, when running through the game to complete acts, communication is definitely needed, if you’re on Xbox or PS5 it’s really not hard to just invite people in the lobby to party chat.

All these people (I’m not saying you, I’m talking about people in general) who are DEMANDING refunds and complaining aggressively about the multiplayer on console are being ridiculous imo. I’m not saying DON’T ask for these changes, I agree, it’s desperately needed, and it’d be nice if we got a response, but people complaining about dead lobbies and then continue to play private matches isn’t helping anyone. Unless people ARE making lobbies and there’s an issue with the server where it’s just NOT connecting people, then that’s a whole other issue that needs to be addressed.

4 Likes

That’s fair. I think a lot of the reactions are so unforgiving because it’s hard to see this come so far yet absolutely shoot itself in the foot with some clearly poordesign decisions (lobbies/chat). Not to mention the emotional attachment returning players have to this masterpiece, only to see it hamstrung.

It took D3 a long time to get to a good place, the problem is we probably aren’t going to see that kind of attention /development to a remake of a classic that has stayed pretty true to its core, exempting the gutted features.

3 Likes