Hardcore Hammerdin Build Help

While I did play the old D2 and HC i’ll be honest here… I literally NEVER leveled a Paladin haha.

With that said I am at the point of easy farming NM solo as long as I run from the stupid OP dolls.
My res in hell are close-ish to being capped I am hunting a better shield base still for a spirit reroll but you all know how rare those are… rings and gloves are still terribad.

Anyway I am having a hard time pushing into Hell even at lv80, my blockrate is like 66 at the moment… something like 900HP… and I still feel squishy as hell even in A1.

I am following a basic 125% castrate guide for gearing and skills, does anyone have specific changes they made or a build that made the transition into hell a little easier? My hammers do great damage and somewhere around lv26 or 27 with both synergies capped. My dex is in the 170 range.

How can I get more “tanky” at this point?

Appreciate it, if you like feel free to add me we can hook up in game for a mentoring session if you are up for it (when the servers come back).

Current Gear:
Spirit Sword 29%? (id love to go Heart of the Oak but im poor)
Spirit Shield 35% (very low FR)
Smoke Body as high as my Str allowed (86ish?)
Trang Claws
Pally +2 Circlet
+1 Skills Ammy
Some Junk 58 Def Belt
Tearhaunch
Some low rings that aren’t worth mentioning.

1 Like

What is the Def rating on your Armor?
What level is your Blessed Shield?
What merc?

There is a technique to kyte-casting your Hammers, Casts a few, back up, cast a few back up…this helps you take less damage while you are killing stuff. Yes face tanking may kill faster if they all agro to you, but you can die faster too.

2 Likes

Only 400 and I know that needs an upgrade, been hunting a better 2os.

Level 20 Base

Frost Aura w/Insight

Yeah Kiting is fine until I am in a place with little room to run and taking more ranged damage than I would like. Dont expect to face tank Hell anytime soon just dont like my HP being… Chunky in A1.

I am trying to get a Lem to make merc Treachery.
Need a new headpiece + ammy at the least.
HOTO and HoZ would be amazing but im poor.

I have only 3 things anyone might actually want:
12Light/13Fire Eschuta’s,
1Pul
+2 Sorc Circlet with 24% Enhanced Damage.
All of which id be glad to trade for big upgrades.

1 Like