Hardcore 2.4 summoner druid walkthrough - LIVE

Hello guys. I will be using this topic as Druid walkthrough for my Item find project topic which some of you maybe saw. I want to characters to be viable for hardcore also and for maximum realism I took my suggested build and i am testing it. I already made it to ACT II HELL and since I am recording the playthrough for guide, why not share it. I guess many of you are curious how new summoner hold up without bis equip on Hell freshly leveled up.

I am using only summons and fire ACT III merc currently, if you want to watch my playthrough live, you can check me in link below, i am going to start act II just now. Please keep in mind that i am not exactly streamer, i dont use mic and I dont have two mintors to see chat if you type something there. But i occasionaly ALT tab so I can check if someone has question regarding build or equip:

3 Likes

Not sure if anyone watched but ACT II hell with druid summoner done, worst was arcane sanctuary and maggot lair. My spirit wolves are still way too weak to do any significant damage and i will need like level 88 to fully max them. No way I will level that high in playthrough I am doing. Bear and ravens are certainly carry this build hard.

I will continue with ACT III after lunch break in ± 1 hour and will post link to new stream in this post or new one if anyone replies.

Just started ACT III:

1 Like

Spirit wolves are indd weak and sadly they dont benefit from dmg auras or wolverine spirit.

They should do magic dmg instead of cold cause there are mobs immune to physical and cold at the same time.

Btw what lvl summons u have?

just typ something in chat and i will show the skills:

ACT DONE :slight_smile:
now act 4 :slight_smile:

Right now I am in act 5 , i am live:

I have to say its really interesting run for me because its something new, I only used to play fure druid before. I never really placed summoner druid.

I will make special video showing my final equip and skills when i will finish act 5.

2 Likes

Pretty impressive. Done with ancients.

I have almost 8k hours on summoner :smiley: and i am dying to play him on 2.4 since now he can summon all the zoo

1 Like

Baal did not stand a chance

well i definitely learned with tricks on my playthrough, I just killed baal hell. I will share feedback in new topic because I want this one for my more detailed walkthrough guide.

You should watch the stream :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m curious, how is the damage scaling with the ravens?
Is it worth dumping points into?

i will talk about it in detail in new topic later but just shortly for now:

Ravens is what carries this build. So yes, its first skill you should max 100%.

2 Likes

Congrats. Very impressive SSF guardian play. You finished the whole game at level 77. Usually that’s the level I enter hell.

The new ravens are so powerful. They make the summon druid play so differently. Before 2.4 the druid summoner will suffer a lot in narrow spaces like the maggot lair and the sanctuary, as the pets are constantly blocking each other at bottlenecks. Now, the ravens will bombard from above.

Also, that Mal from hell forge was like destiny. My last guardian bone spear necro found 2 Um too.

3 Likes

How are you still playing 2.4?

1 Like

I am running with exe file inside of D2R ptr file.

You disconnect from the internet and launch PTR from the folder, not the launcher.

1 Like

When I try to do that I get a message saying “You have not been online in the last 30 days. Please start the game while online to check for any login agreements.”

Is there a work around for that?

Not sure, i didnt experience that message yet.

1 Like