Griffon's Eye vs Shako For Javazon

Well which is it and why? I need some opinion. It seem Griffon is more expensive than Shako atm and I don’t know why.

Because Griffon’s has - Light Res, which when stacked, allows you to bypass lightning immunity. It also has FCR which you need if you plan on using Enigma.

Most people build Javazon for pvp, not pvm MFing. The required to make a Javazon very strong doesn’t support a lot of MF. In the case of Shako over Griff, yeah you could do that if you wanted the MF potential off Shako more than kill power, but you’ll never have as much MF as say a Sorc or Hammerdin. Javazon requires too much dedicated gear towards - light res and such.

Can i ask how much light res before it allows me to bypass the lightning immunity?

It’s my understanding that Griffon’s won’t break immunities on its own. Any of the -res items (facets etc.) don’t break immunities on their own.

You need Conviction or Lower Res for that.

Once it’s already broken, Griffon’s will bring it down further which can be a quite significant damage boost. Griffon’s -light res will also be a significant damage boost to non-immune enemies.

But it won’t do anything to immune enemies unless you also have something like an Infinity merc.

1 Like

I am not sure about that. As far as i know and have gathered the sorc frozen mastery is specifically made to not break immu while others can. the griffon itself might not break if monsters have much higher then 100. I think if a monster has 100 or like 110 the griffon can break it, thats why people put rainbows in their gearwith griffons and thunderstroke. Dont quot me on that though i am not sure. Ah, also lightning immunes are by far the easiest to break, thats why you dont see javazons having many problems with immunes.

Grifon for SC, Shako for HC. Reasons are obvious. Shako - 10% damage recieved, more life and less damage. Grifon more damage, no damage reduction, no extra mana/life

Umm no, - light res won’t bypass immunity. Only thing that will “break” immunity down is Conviction and Lower Resist.

Once you break immunity with either of those then your -light res. will work.

2 Likes

In other words, infinity + lower resist is the only way to break immunity for non pally classes?

Well Griffon’s is a lot more rare than Shako in general so that makes it more expensive alone.

You wouldn’t be wrong to put a Shako on a Javazon. Great helm and it’s probably the best choice if you’re going to MF with her. A good Griffon’s with proper facets is unequaled when it comes to damage and killing speed though.

infinity (or a Paladin’s Conviction aura) OR Lower resist. Don’t necessarily need both unless the “immunity”, which is basically a UI label for anything with 100+ resist, is very high and you need to stack both.

You can buy Low level - up to level 3, Lower resist wands from Ormus - buy the ones that says “charges” on it. Poor man/woman’s option until you get Infinity.

1 Like

so basically, with just a lower resist wand, i can break immunity?

Yes, but not all - remember immunity is anything 100+ resist. Lower resist basically deduct their resist but the amount is based on level.

Say a level 2 LR wand will -37 res. If the “immunity” monster has less than 137 resist then yea it’ll break it as it reduce it below 100. Otherwise it wont. Most normal monster can be broken most of the time - cold immunes are harder to break as they typically has higher res.

Lower resist and Conviction only work at 20% effectiveness when enemies are immune.

So in your example a level 2 lower resist at -37 would only break immunities on enemies with less than 107 resist.

1 Like

In that case, any other ways to break immunities without conviction?