Grief on a fury druid?

Hello everyone. Wind druid has been one of my favorit and most played characters in the game. I never played fury though and decided to try it. I know how AS works for the fury and why people run ik maul,ribcracker and such but i never heard of grief. It is possible the highest dmg weapon in the game and it is relatively ( By D2 standarts ) a ‘‘cheap’’ weapon, so most people who run optimal gear could afford it but they still dont. Is there a reason for it? Wouldn’t grief + a very good shield or w/e out dps a ribcracker or a tomb reaver?

I would assume that people run Ribs ore Tombs for more then just the damage. At a certain point damage becomes far less important than stuff like Crushing blow or Open wounds, which both can shred a boss, whereas the extra damage you get from Grief may take the boss down a few seconds faster.

Grief’s benefits, outside of the raw damage, revolve around the defense reduction, which can help allot if your AR is low, but for most end game builds, you get plenty of AR from other sources, making the damage the only real bonus of grief.

That makes a lot of sense. In fact, i kinda of assumed that grief had crushing blow because it has so many things and its a high end runeword, but putting it that way makes more sense. Ty for the answer

Fury only look at weapon dps, so without ias on weapon it is slow, also if you equip a shield, the blocking would interrupted fury, which make thing worse on top of the slow attacking speed

2 Likes

I can’t afford a Grief.
I can’t find an ETH Tomb Reaver.
I have a buriza, IK Maul and a non etb Tomb Reaver.
Which should I be using for now ?
Should I invest in an Oath instead?

whats wrong with your non eth tomb reaver? seems a valid option. you can always go up’d ribcracker those are not expensive at all.

I think OPs question has been answered but I have a question about Grief on a Fury too:

What about Grief/Stormshield (35%DR) and much later Grief/Phoenix?

Will it stay annoying because it interrupts Fury?

Cheers

I REALLY wanna make that builld, with like stormshield, verdungos/string of ears, Fortitute and etcs. Pretty much stack maximun reduced dmg with a grief. Might be very tanky with lots of dps

Well tbh that is nearly exactly what our Druid is using atm.
Just Tretch over Fortitude.
And I was just wondering if block recovery is what fiddles with his play.