Grief in 2-handed weapons only šŸ—”ļø

Hehehe haters gonna hate. Jester is a suitable name for a little man entertaining The King :crown:

ā€œGuitars replyingā€ and you know it is gonna be good :joy:

Please folks, keep reporting Sekscalibure. He will eventually leave for a while after plenty of ridicule and making himself look so silly :laughing:

2 Likes

Guitars always makes me feel good about myself.

He talks a lot but doesnā€™t know how Defense works.

I actually stumbled upon a post where he makes an even bigger assassin of himself. He believes Treachery is better than Fortitude.

I would be worried if people like Guitars started agreeing with me :grin:

Please doggy, quote that another 99999 times! Thank you!

Which quote, this one? :grin: Itā€™s math, guys! MATH

I just took a look at that d2jsp thread and itā€™s terrible ā€œmathā€. And everybody for the next fifty pages is flaming the author :laughing:

Please quote more, I love it!

I know you love being mistreated. Lets call it love if anybody gets worried and asks :heart:

To reply to a bad troll with mental problems is mistreatment for me? Are you a snowflake too? This is nothing dude, I have a wife and a teenager, get good.

You keep coming back for more. Have I ever treated you well?

No comments on your personal situation.

Whether you treat me well on a forum is so inconsequential in my life yo! This is nothing for me, all done while Iā€™m working from home while d2r is running. We can go on foreverā€¦for 9 hours until my shift is over. Youā€™re a bad troll and snowflake, what a comboā€¦why else you feel the need for a name change or two and now separate account?

There is a point when the victim just shirts on the floor in desperation. Thatā€™s when you just leave him on display for the audience.

Itā€™s a bad idea.

• Average damage is still way too high and the incentive for barb to dual wield 2h swords vs 2h axe for example is too strong. All because ā€œDamage +ā€ stat is not fit to be a main source of weapon scaling.

• Wouldnā€™t Barb consider making it in a Normal/Exeptional Sword to lower stat requirement and max vitality, which Barb already getā€™s 1vit=3hp. No ED% means less drawback by doing so. Zweihander is (-10) vs. CS(10), CB (5), Using a Zweihander means little loss in total weapon damage but youā€™re guaranteed max weapon speed for WW and bunch of free stat points.

• Leech that works on Undead

• Multiple stats that really excel when combined with WW: Dmg to Demon, Ignore Def, lvl15 Venom on Striking, -20-25% (dw: -40-50%) enemy pois res.

Grief is simply a bad RW design at itā€™s core. Compared to most other RW, Grief has almost zero trash stats and is also very cheap. Should be removed or do a complete item type change. Like put it in a Staff, Amazon Spear, Crossbow or Hammers.

1 Like

What a load of garbage.

Those are excellent points. Especially the one about using lower quality weapons as bases. Although you could do that with Grief right now except nothing beats the speed on PB.

Yes, Grief is busted. And will continue to be busted as long as it has the +Dmg mod not nerfed (for example to +max dmg).

My suggestion is a compromise but it solves the Smite abuse, which is the most glaring problem.

1 Like

I totally agree with the Smite abuse but I also donā€™t enjoy watching Fury Druids and Zealers use it. I do like the fact that the stat exist and can be found in fair amount on random Unique pieces, like Astreonā€™s Iron Ward, so directly increasing Smite base damage is possible but yeah it shouldnā€™t be abused solely to scale a weapons damage for no reason.

Changing ā€œDamage +ā€ to only affect Smite damage, like ā€œ+# to shield damageā€ would not be a good idea, because then other classes are stuck with a stat on their gear that they canā€™t use at all and it would just look annoying. ā€œDamage +ā€ works great in small value as a dual purpose stat. Smite dmg and as flat additional dmg to a weapon. Thatā€™s it. Like ā€œ% Chance to Pierceā€ shouldnā€™t be found on universally good items most classes want, that would be dumb to look at.

Another point to the Damage + talk, it is pretty bad game design that we have this special damage stat that affects Smite but doesnā€™t affect Assa Kick. Perhaps we should discuss whether or not it should affect Warcry and Shockwave as well. It would help the game with stats that follow a pattern.

2 Likes

Of course the only other worthy contributor to the discussion is also Danish.

1 Like

The Master Race . . . just joking :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I used to think that Grief was a problem, but Iā€™ve come to realize itā€™s really the solution. Most other weapon options are completely sub-par by comparison. Grief doesnā€™t need to be limited, everything else just needs to be better.

The cleanest, simplest way to accomplish that is to increase base weapon damage on Elites by ~50%. That would greatly improve weapons with +% ED, but would add next to nothing to Grief with its flat +damage.

6 Likes

Yes, without Grief melee would really be screwed. Nerfing Grief would need to be accompanied by a general buff to physical and/or a general nerf to casters.

Grief is not a very good solution though. Itā€™s a bandaid that comes with the drawback of invalidating all the other weapons. It really does everything except CB. And itā€™s the last weapon before Last Wish that gives you the incredible Ignore Target Defense.