"Grief" Disappeared

So I just did a normal Chaos run with my Frenzy Barbarian and died, so I did what I normally do when that happens I log out and in to the game quickly so I don’t have to redo the whole thing again. BUT when I checked if I needed to repair my items I noticed that I only had one axe and that my “Grief” had completely vanished. I am now incredibly sad and furious at the same time. Could you people at Blizzard perhaps see the logs and give me back my weapons please?

Best regards,
-Carnage

1 Like

They don’t have any logs according to them… and they won’t restore any data… or take any responsibility.

Sorry for your loss. You can see all the other threads of what’s been lost here.

I also lost data… It sucks… Right now I’m choosing to not play until it’s fixed…

Good luck to you traveler.

similar issue happened to me, my grief on my pal also disappeared after pick corpse in town. I just wrote what I encountered and you can read it also

TL;DR: It looks like there could be a bug in the game and it spawns more than one body at a single death.

This week I saw something like that happen. I (a pala) was on a chaos run with a friend (a barb) and we both died to the venom lords. I just took the easy route and exited and entered again. He stayed on the game just waiting. I got my full body, and when he went to pick up his body, I noticed there was another body still laying on the ground. I told him “hey, you have another body there!” and none of us was sure what was going on. He just died ONCE and the game spawned TWO bodies. The first one that he got, had the main equipment, so he didn’t notice the second body until I told him. In the 2nd one, he had the secondary weapon and shield.
I have no clue what could be the issue, my only guess is that something is kinda broken when you die and don’t have enough base stats to equip the weapons (that’s the only thing I can think of, because he was using charms to boost both str and dex)

O my grief :scream:

This sounds grevious enough.

Let alone reading the name of the item.

Well, that’s also true. Sadly I cannot replicate that same scenario now, so I’ll never know what happened exactly :frowning_face:

To mention as well, if you pick up your corpse but dont have enough inventory space or CANNOT equip it due to requirements no longer met, I’m nearly 100% sure it classifies as that corpse now Claimed thus it wont keep that corpse when logging out and back in.

when you pickup your corpse and have full inventory and die again - it also happens to drop your items on the floor. (happened in d2 legacy for me the old days).
When you’re in a public everyone can grab your stuff.

thats what happen when you use a duped rune…