Grief and Death

Hi team,

I am running a fury barb and I decided to make a eth collosus BotD as my first weapon. I really want to go with a death for crushing blow and the insane deadly strike. My intention is both for running ubers and for fighting in the ear market. I think there is one thing I need to clarify, but can’t get a good answer online.

When I look at grief it’s + damage doesn’t apply to the weapon and is called “pure” damage. Does that mean the damage is applied to both weapons and does it get affected by + dmg modifiers from the skill tree and armor such as fortitude?

Right now all the online calculators say:
eth Collossus Blade Main Hand w/ +60% IAS
eth Collusus Sword offhand w/ 0% Ias
Gear with 40% ias
Fury lvl 24

I will get 4.54 attack / second nearly capping it out, but 10% short of max potential. If I found +40% attack speed in other gear I could also cap that out.

With death I’d also get my total gear score to 91% deadly strike at lvl87 + 30% crit = 93.3% chance for double damage and 65% chance of crushing blow.

I don’t quite under stand how with these modifiers the damage is still less. Or is it just that it is like 97% max damage when you could run 100% of the best possible damage.

I figure the 50% crushing blow on death alone should out pace grief on a hell boss. Am I wrong?

Hello. I am not super versed in those ins and outs so i dont know if my answer is what you are looking for, or i understood your question wrong. But i gather your asking if the +raw dmg on grief is affect by multipliers? If so, then yes. Grief is tecnically the highest dmg weapon on the game, and it does not show properly on your character.

Theres a very good video on it

3 Likes

In fact, you are good in theory but after you have the practice

1- CB / CS have an higher range than PB, this is an issue when you need to focus an uber but you are surrounded by a lot of monsters

2- Low ias for frenzy, mean you are waiting for a good proc

3- Ignore target def (for minions), or -X% for boss is a must have for uber

4- If you miss or you are slow or hit the wrong target, you will die easily with a frenzy

The best combo is :
Gulli helm with cham or 15ias/all
Lw pb / grief Pb or dual grief + fade proc from treachery.