Hardcore D2
Hardcore LoD
Hardcore Seasonal D2
Hardcore Seasonal LoD

x 6 Classes

One character slot = 192Ko.
Your 20 characters hosted = 3,8Mo.

2 Likes

Cross my fingers Blizzard will hear us…I don’t think I’ll start S3 without additional char slots…don’t want to erase the last mules I have or one of the 10-ish chars I play.

1 Like

I agree with 50. I just want enough to be able to keep playing new builds each ladder season that comes out. I am OK with getting down to zero mules. Character slots is not about storage space for me.

4 Likes

Just delete your pack mules!

1 Like

Let us buy more char slots then.

This. Sucks when new ladder arrives cant try a new build and char cuz of all the mules.

1 Like

Alternatively, they should make it 20 character slots for non-ladder and 20 for ladder. For each mode I believe 20 will be enough.

2 Likes

well I would say rather would be better to add 3 slots each season for ladder which will be transformed to the non ladder slots after end. or something like that. But yeah I have last 2 mules for runes and gems. and 18 high level chars i will never delete. I cant simply play season 3. And with these new runewords it is not interesting enough to delete 100hours of one char.

1 Like

I dont understand this logic… If your asking for things that dont exist why not ask for more stash tabs. putting things in a shared stash is faster than logging out and logging back in and then logging out again and then logging back in again. And before anyone makes the argument of 20 char slots is more than 20 storage sheets, sure but not more than 40 storage sheets… Your working with a blank canvas when rolling the die of your “wish.” Shared stash > mules if we are talking about QoL… Muleing has been and always will be a Jerry-rigged and janky system. Its 2023 now we don’t need to keep doing this.

6 Likes

100% 10000% agree. I’m not as far along as you are but I will be pretty soon.

There is clearly a disconnect. So many people here are saying they are out of space for new characters or will be very soon. They’re talking about real characters that they have invested in, don’t want to respec and definitely don’t want to delete. This limitation is going to force people to stop playing or stop playing online at least. Please stop assuming all we want is storage and mules.

3 Likes

You sir are the vip if this thread😁

More stas tabs increse chance of duping and loss of items because of file limitations of shared stash.

No disconnect, the original post says he has “1 character I play +17 mules.” He says he has no space left because of his mules. I’m suggesting to OP, considering his words - not my own assumptions, that we should have enough inventory/technology in the year 2023 to have 0 mules and the rest real characters.

Having more slots for real characters, as you suggest, would also be nice though.

6 Likes

What happens when ladder is over? you’d have 40 NL chars.

3 Likes

Except it does not fix the issue of muling. We should not have to mule, we should have oodles of stash space available to us. It is just pixels on screen, it is not PhD. It is ideology, not a technical constraint, “you shall not have more space because we decided so”.

Well, clearly their salaries do not depend on D2R’s players numbers, so they can sit in their high tower in safety…

1 Like

There are those who think along the lines of this:

“Give me PlugY or give me death!”

“I don’t want to have to decide what to keep and what to throw away, I’D RATHER JUST KEEP IT ALL!!! MUAHAHAHAHALOL!”

These are the same people who had potentially hundreds of OG accounts who probably spent more time refreshing their characters to prevent them from being deleted than they spent playing the actual game.

As you accurately said:

This street goes both ways… Pixel hoarders.

1 Like

I never have this problem. After ladder is done. i give all my gear away and delete chars…

But i dont know why blizzard did not add more with D2R launch.

Been saying this for a while. Can’t keep me interested season on season making new characters if I have to delete completed non ladder toons.

I’d be comfortable and not complain if given 50.

I want to try Classic so bad but refuse to delete my existing characters.

2 Likes

20 Slots is not near enough to create all of the potential builds in this game, even if most amount to meme builds. Well over 100 would be required, and that doesn’t count the need for additional stash space, and ladder characters.

It is nice to have individual builds characters to use, without the need to token them to play a different build.

However, since top end-game item diversity is so limited, most all builds use the same gear, and only stats are required to change, thereby limiting needed character slots.