Give the old folks a chance

I said after ladder ends. They’re even going one step further and letting NL actually make those previous runewords also.

I didn’t see that they had changed that. Not sure I like it. Everything seems to be going into d3 area tbh. Making the game for casuals. I struggle these days since im not a hardcore gamer anymore but I enjoy playing hardcore gamer games.

There were multiple patches that drastically changed the way D2 was played. Changes are part of Diablo 2.

1 Like

old player here. I WANT changes. OP you don’t speak for us.

1 Like

Old guy here.

I’m actually optimistic about some of the changes. Most the abilities being reworked were broken and never worked properly to begin with. So long as they don’t make them op and drastically change the game I’m OK with adding build diversity.

I’m a little weary of foh changes due to pvp concerns. But remember, there’s already a damage reduction in pvp. Also diminished crushing blow and the like. Which means they could simply dial the pvp dmg back if it’s a tad too strong in its new form. I hope they read this lol…

As far as runewords go, the first two are pattern and plague. Which should be cool to any old guy, these have been in the gamefiles for a long time, and we speculated what they were back then. Course we know now that they were scrapped.

They could jack the balance up but I’m hopeful. That’s coming from a die hard pvper. And people hate those around here.

2 Likes

I’m an online solo players, I paid the full price for this game and I have every right to enjoy the full feature whatever and however I want it and I want to enjoy it in my own precious time and pace, not everyone is an over-energetic teenage who has very little to worry or take care of in life, especially for this game which has lots of old folks who moved from the original game of decades ago, by doing this ladder exclusives, you basically shun away from all those who cannot afford the time and still want to enjoy the full feature of the game they paid the full price.

I mean, even Brevik said during one of his streams that he’d be excited to see new runewords or even an entirely new class.

Change isn’t necessarily bad if it’s implemented right. I do understand the time argument though. I definitely don’t want to have to relearn mechanics for d2.

1 Like

D3 is indeed different from D3 vanilla. D3 has become sooo much better since release.

If the D2 “movie” ends in a way better state I am all for it!

However, no ladder only items / runes. Those got removed in D3 for very good reasons!

Huh surprised brevik said that. He wasn’t a part of the team that made the runewords, he had left by that time. I remember there was an interview where someone asked him about heart of the oak and he didn’t know what that was.

Then just wait until the ladder is over and then you get to have them? The original game had ladder only runewords too you realize that right?

Remember Spirit? Dream? Faith? Fortitude? Grief? Infinity? Insight?

Alot of the most powerful runewords in the game were always ladder only. Infact you have access to those right now, which is something we never had before in non ladder

It’s impressive how so many of you manage to whine over something that is actually good for the game.

Take a step back and think. If Blizzard announced they were patching the legacy version of the game instead of coming out with a remaster, you’d be excited for that, too. The game needs an update. If you wanted the same game, why are you not playing the legacy version…?

Because the graphics hurt most people’s eyes on modern monitors. There is definitely a group of people who wanted nothing but updated graphics. All of these threads and posters are proof of that.

I’m hopeful the changes won’t be large enough to disrupt the game too much.

Sorry, I’m replying very late to this, but, I just can’t agree.

So many of us wanted to see the legacy version of the game continue to get support. We cried out just for ladder resets for so long. The last update to the game came with a teaser that we’d eventually get “more”, and “more” never came…

But it has with the remaster, and I’m perfectly okay with that.

1 Like

Fully agree that there were content additions in lod further discussed/also planned… even a new addon was in discussion and it never came.
you know for how long i hope to get an upgrade to this game i like… now they upgrade it… let them do it. Looking forward!

You can always play the original game that received no updates including the graphics.