Gigantic Blue Post Incoming

Umm… You know that while I don’t work there, I have been doing this thing where I talk to the CMs for about 8 years now. I have met many in person and had a chance to chat. I have visited Blizzard a few times as well during Blizzcon/near Blizzcon.

While I don’t have an org chart, I do have a pretty good idea what is going on there.

What you think a CM should be able to do, and what Blizz lets CMs do are two different things, including the Lead. This is one of the major problems with Blizzard and communications. They are handcuffed basically.

It is not a personal account. People were talking about Adam Fletcher posting about his forum post he is writing - that is his personal Twitter. He does not have access to the CS Twitter. That is a diff team.

You understand that some people have been gaming for over 20 years online and they understand it isn’t complex or hard to post on your own forums on your own website.

People have been unable to login for over 12 hours with no official response.

There is NO reason for that so stop trying to put any sort of justification for it because their really isn’t one.

Even posting a single sticky here saying.

Some characters are experiencing an error saying they are in a game when they are not.

We are working on the issue and will be restarting the servers by x if we are unable to solve the problem…

4 Likes

Should be up shortly! Will link!

ARHG. You don’t seem to get it. I agree with you. I am telling you the CMs agree with you. I am saying that there is an issue over top of them that handcuffs them. That is not an “excuse” it is a criticism of Blizzard that has been ongoing for YEARS.

You seem to be looking at the green instead of what I have been saying. Blizzard communications are not ok. They have not been in forever. This is not the first, second, or 25th time there has been major issues and they don’t communicate. Again, that is not ok.

I don’t know what it is going to take to change that.

I fully appreciate your position and took it into account when making my statements.

What I can’t begin to describe to you is how much time I spent in the industry, dealing with the issues we are discussing right now, for very large players in the game. More specifically, I have worked on the back-end and NOC level of things, as well as the player facing side of things.

I, again, assure you that the global leader for community development can give a broader update than what was given or what you keep trying to suggest he is able to do.

3 Likes

Up: Diablo II: Resurrected - 9.24 Update - General Discussion - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums (blizzard.com)

3 Likes

From the link:

For players unable to create or join game lobbies, we’ve been evaluating activities that have prevented them from being able to play in those sessions. We’re actively working to find a solution to these issues.

So, this means they haven’t even found what the problem is yet, let alone the fix?

Furthermore, our team is working to resolve the issue of character lockouts. Many of these characters are already in the process of being unlocked. We anticipate this process will take a few hours to complete.

The difference between “lockouts” and “unable to create of join” being?

It isnt clear if the character lockout issues the same as the unable to create or join game lobbies issue or if they are separate issues. As their official forum post does not specify error messages or error codes, it is difficult to know whether your issue is a character lock or something else entirely.

1 Like

Those are separate.

The locked “char is already in a game” thing is the lockouts.

The other issue with create or join lobbies is separate.

That “unlocking” process better be automated, on auto-pilot, and running 24/7 from this point on.

1 Like

It sounds like the problems are related - you can’t create/join because you’re account is already in game?

And I say account, since I can’t join a game with a char I created yesterday, haven’t played in 24+ hours.

well … that was a pretty big post to basically say “we are working on it - no ETA” :smiley:

2 Likes

omfg you’re so tragic

They’re literally talking about how they’re putting together a post for the forums and you’re crying that they didn’t let you know that on the forums.

People use social media, just because you don’t, doesn’t mean the world hasn’t moved past you.

You’ll still get your forum post, you whiny, entitled, child.

This game having so many boomer players, I shouldn’t be surprised at the countless, absolutely entitled, Karens that are infesting it’s brand new forum, but y’all are really outdoing yourselves.

Get over yourself.

1 Like

Well if it was that long the character lockout would have been fixed when they reset the servers for maintenance a couple times.

So it sounds like you do have a different issue.

1 Like

I’m wanting to make sure I understand what “join lobby” is. Is that when I’m trying to join a game? The wording looks odd to me.

Yes, that is what he is talking about there.

The “locked character” part was for chars that it says are already in game.

That locked char part was caused by the server restarts apparently which caused more database issues which should be resolved in a few hours as per the post and this update.

Yes, and the “locked character” problem will be resolved, hopefully, in a few hours. That part of the message was fairly self-explainitory.

My question was specifically about the next statement:

For players unable to create or join game lobbies, we’ve been evaluating activities that have prevented them from being able to play in those sessions. We’re actively working to find a solution to these issues.

I asked because I wasn’t sure I understood what a “create lobby” or “join lobby” is.

They sure are quick to fix issues for streamers…

4 Likes