GGM's Hero Editor Item Pack For D2 & D2R

Few words from me:

Hello everyone, Ginger Gaming Mentor did amazing job and made item database usable for D2 Hero editor anyone can use either for old Diablo 2 or for D2R after character transfer. Item databse/Item pack has various items to test builds or just play with it. It has many cool stuff like for example 2.4 runewords and a lot of stuff old item packs had wrong or completely missing.

GGM asked me to post here as I can post links and I wanted help so here is GGM´s Message to all of you:

Hello Guys and gals and welcome =) to GGM’s Item Pack For Hero Editor

I go over the pack in great detail here in my launch video as well as the Download link is in the description and pinned to the top of the comments.

GGM’s Item pack offers significant advantages over previous packs:

• A complete collection of Unique items, adding many missing items to the files.
    Most Necromancer wands were missing, Most Assassin Claws Were Missing, Most Amazon Only Items Were Missing, ect

• A complete collection of Runewords with more varied bases, adding many missing runewords. As well as adding new runewords that were patched in on Version 2.4.

Kingpintz as well as some other packs only had the most popular runewords and that was it. Things like Dragon, Principle, Bone, and many other less popular runewords were missing completely.

• All the New Runewords have been added as well, Unbending Will, Mist, Pattern, Plague, Obsession, Wisdom, and Flickering Flame

• Ethereal Versions of All Unique Items for easier importing with correct Defense Values

Hero Editor does not automatically calculated the Defense of an Ethereal Item making the creation of Ethereal items somewhat tedious. To Lessen the amount of time you have to waste on this I have gone ahead and created Eth Versions of all uniques and calculated the Defense Values for you in advance.

• Updated Class Torches with correct Values

1.11 Torches had a 25% chance to proc Diablo’s Fire attack, After they were changed to 5% the kingpintz Item pack was wrong. I have kept the original 25% Proc files for Posterity but the Torches in the main directories have been replaced with the 5% proc versions that are current to D2R.

• White/Socketed bases of every item in the game for easier importing & creation of new Runewords.

I wanted to make it extremely easy for you to create a runeword in whatever base you wanted if I didn’t have the correct option for you already made. So I created a White Base Item or Socketed base item of every single type.

So you can very easily choose the socketed base, or socket the white item with the correct number of sockets and create away.

• “What If” Section of Ethereal Sets

Who know’s what the future brings, so I created an entirely new folder full of ethereal versions of the sets for your fun and enjoyment, as well as a bit of future proofing.

If Blizzard should ever allow set items to drop ethereal well I got ya covered.

• Fixed Unique items with incorrect Values such as Tyrael’s Might, Stormlash, and more.

There were a large number of errors in The Kingpintz item pack, too many to mention that I discovered while I did my Item videos.

Things like Tyrael’s armor having +100% Requirements instead of -100% requirements, Azurewrath being lvl 54 Requirement, Stormlash being set to on Attack, instead of on striking, and many more.

• Consolidated Multiple Item packs into one more condensed Version.

There were a couple items packs out there already floating about, Diablo II. net, Kingpintz, and various smaller packs. I took a full day and combined them all together as best I could making sure only to take the best bits of each.

• Included my own personal Database of Characters from D2 Classic, and D2R

• All Unique Items Placed on Characters, All Set Items Each with their own character, All Uniques placed on mules labeled as such. like UniqueSwords and so forth, and all of my test characters that I use in my videos.

• Included Hero Editor in the Item Pack to make sure people are able to find a clean version. V1.04

• Added many Misc Items, such as potions, Scrolls, Gems of all types, and more.

Many simple items were missing from most if not all of the packs, and I took the time to add them. The list is too long to make here, but suffice it to say some of these simple items are kind of important when creating things. Something as Simple as a perfect Diamond wasn’t even in the packs.

15 Likes

Thank You Zax I appreciate you helping me out with the pack, and also helping me out with the post =)

10 Likes

Awesome work dude! thanks.

3 Likes

Awesome! Whats the DL link for the pack? That isnt in the post from what I see…

3 Likes

Due to the fact that it is a rather Sketchy Google Drive link I only have it linked in the Description of the video/comments of the video so you know for a fact it’s the official link.

I don’t want anyone spreading around viruses using my pack as a decoy. Might be a bit overly cautious but I don’t have an “Offical Website” to host it from. So basically my youtube channel is my official website.

Heck I would link it to you in this comment except I am prevented from linking anything on the forums as a Low ranking member lol, which is why Zax as a higher ranking member who can post links made the post for me.

4 Likes

Wow that’s cool! I managed to figure my way around the hero editor in time, but this would be great for those getting started with testing out builds.

FYI the hero editor (if we’re talking about the same one anyway) does come with all basic items like perfect diamonds, quest items and runes, but its collection of weapons and armours are quite flawed so good to see.

3 Likes

The issue with the stuff included with hero editor is it’s less transparent to newer users in general on how to actually access them.

It’s better to just have them as files like the rest of the items.

1 Like

that was nice post =)) when i fix heroeditor tooks some time!! I use my old computer and save files send to my google mail, and copy paste, and it was very annoying…

Huge thanks to Ginger Gaming Mentor

Why cant blizzard add "Heroeditor to the game i mean for only offline mode something, i we have seen for Starcraft 2 for example?? Would be fun to make own rift maps i can running around or make own runewords? with names etc =)

3 Likes

I always had a lot of fun making custom maps in Warcraft 2 =)

I remeber that some uniques from king pingz was wrong. Like andy face

2 Likes

Thanks a LOT for this GGM’s Item pack!

Had Theo crafted/saved some Maxroll builds with items I have on ladder and non ladder combined. My plan was to test this on the PTR but due to your awesome work I tested it all alrdy :+1:

You also saved me from spending my 2 jah’s on a tesladin hybrid plan. After testing I didn’t really liked it. Instead I will respect my hammerdin to a smiter with the principle armor as main armor. You also made a very handy video for that and I have to say… that holy bolt spam with this smiter is freaking awesome :laughing:. My lvl 93 pala will be my uber killer for the rest of time.

Druid, Barb and Pala builds are all done. Assasin will be next and these 4 builds will also be my mains non ladder builds. Hope ladder ends soon so all items are in 1 place again.

Everybody that wants to test something and basically save yourself a lot of time and give a perfect idea what to expect from a build and see if it suits your playstyle… checkout GGM’s Item pack

Good luck sir and keep up the good work with your Youtube channel.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Who Doesn’t like spamming blue confetti everywhere? Also it becomes a really fun minigame of lining up the monsters for optimal pierce damage.

A little bit of an update, I have added a Buttload more crafted items to the pack, I have also started adding mock runewords for D2 LoD Players who want to test out the new runewords with the old version of the game. As well as Mock Infinity in spears, and Mock Insight in Bows since they are also not possible in D2 LoD.

Furthermore I have made several bug fixes to the pack, fixing broken items here and there like infinity with wrong sockets, and one of the flickering flame masks was in the wrong order.

I have also added some quality of life fixes like The Runeword files for every runeword are now located also inside the directory for that runeword so you don’t have to go hunting for them.

3 Likes

Proud To Announce that GGM’s Item Pack now has sunder charms available for single player characters.

2 Likes