Gem and Runes simple fix

I notice that in classic diablo 2 and here we will get lots of slot full of perfect gems and runes.
Why they cannot stack like keys?

runes aren’t part of D2 classic , unless if by classic you mean the original diablo 2: LOD (not the resurrected version)
usually we uses the term D2 classic to refer to diablo 2 without the LOD expansion.
that being said , gem/runes stackable in a stash tab is something many asked for , there’s quiet a few topics on the matter.

Who the hell is playing Diablo without LoD? It is like eating half cooked kfc chicken.

many actually, that’s why even in diablo 2 R it’s still possible to enjoy playing diablo 2 without LoD.
each players has their own preferences usually.
but anyway that would be off-topic.

Stacking Gems and Runes is a very common suggestion.

So they gave you enhanced stash, more stash tabs… and yet you still ask for more.
I would imagine this to be valid point, if they keep the original stash.

Certainly not now, though. Dont be greedy.

a bit wrong there for two reasons :

1. it’s not really “you” there, since this kinds of topics asking for gem/runes stacking in stash are numerous , like really a lot of them.

2. speaking of stash tab , we actually have less space than OG diablo 2 by a long shot in diablo 2 R , considering in OG diablo 2 we could make multiple account for free (as long as your cd keys were valid) and hence having an unlimited amount of characters slot.
    it’s actually a downgrade on that part if we compare character slot.

Last weekend I got full all stashes of runes gems and uniques. What you talk about ;/

do you realize, that “you” might be reffered to as singular and as plural also, right?
For your second point, that is valid argumentation. Did not think about that. Still think it is needless, but now I understand your point of view - if someone decides to play numerous characters, it might come handy. I ll play one or two, so I dont really care.

I have suggested in the past and I repeat now.

A box the size of a tome on its side, functions like a tome, that can hold 20 of any 1 rune or gem. Buy them in act 4. Buy them its just Rune Case, Add 1 rune, Becomes X Rune Case, only those runes can go in it. Similar for Gems.

Also add a box same size as cube, called jewelry box, for Rings, Amulets and Jewels. Functions like cube, opens and you can only place amulets, rings and Jewels, has storage of 5x4.

Sell them in act 4, so the acts vendors feels more special, Could even still sell Gem and Jewelry box in Classic, so players in that mode can store those items easier.

i do but in this case i doubt it that you meant multiple, might be wrong though.
well just as references , i usually had about 5 accounts full of mules every ladder.
that should tell you how much stuff people could easily usually hoard in order to holy grail or simply keep for trading , keeping , giving purposes.

here we have merely 20 characters slots (currently atleast) and only 1 personal stash tab per character (shared stash tab i think aren’t of much use, i mean 1 or 2 ok , but in the grand scheme of things personal tab are more valuable than shared stash because 1 extra personal stash tab = effectively 20 stash tab (personal tab X amount of characters)
if we had 1 shared stash tab and 3 personal instead of 1 personal and 3 shared , that would be a different matter though.

yet i’d still think it would be good to have more characters slots since there is tons of mods in diablo 2 , i always had HC characters , ladder , non ladder , pvp , low lv pvp etc… 20 characters won’t cut it , especially considering even simply 1 paladin can be : zeal , smither and hammer (3 slots for 1 char)

20 character slots is BS slap in the face like removal of TCP/IP. They need to give us 20 per mode, not per account. Only way thats acceptable.

indeed , that’s the worst slap to game’s longevity for many hardcore players (by hardcore i don’t mean the mode itself , but very active players :stuck_out_tongue: )
In OG d2 we could make multiple account and play as freely as we wanted.

Ok I understand your point. You and I are very different types of players. I certainly will keep some items too, but since I was able to withstand the original measurements of stash back in 2002 with one account I think I ll manage with this one even better. But I confess I understand why you (and many others - to emphasize that I am actually talking in plural) might not feel the same way.

Still doubt that they will do this change.

I use to have 6 mule accounts :stuck_out_tongue:

I horde all the things.

Thanks
well , i think they’ll increase character slot someday or another since for many players that’s not enough.
Actually that’s the only change i’d ever want (anything else would be optional) , to be able to hoard and play freely as many of us did on diablo 2 by allowing us to make characters as we want and hoard things as we want in a loot based game.
i don’t necessarily means infinite amount of characters slot of course they must have their own limitation to deal with, but 1 or 2 more personal stash tab (even instead of 2 shared stash tab) would be nice and 20 char slot is clearly sadly not enough considering how rich the games is in term of possibilities.

Runes and any quality of Gem should stack. It’s literally nonsense that they don’t. Every single one of my stashes were full by the end of the Open Beta. You should be able to simply withdraw the amount that you want- in the same way that you would withdraw gold- and it just places them into your inventory provided you have the appropriate space available. The end. No more stupid arguments about this. It would be a very welcome QoL improvement.

Do you consider yourself a compulsive hoarder?
I just checked a file created years ago to keep track of D2 account names - it listed 29 accounts.
Admittedly, that included some duplicate accounts for ladder/nonladder and LOD/classic and accounts with playing characters, but also such things as:

• 1 account (8 mules) per mode for specialties like Duriel gate (staff) quest chars for each difficulty level, cow level openers etc.
  • 1 account per mode for sorting the loot for different muling accounts
  • 16 mules in 2 accounts to hold LOD set items (a single account would quickly run out of space if you tried to collect them all)
  • 16 mules in 2 accounts for armour (of one mode)
  • various accounts for weapons split by categories
  • an account with 7 mules for class specific items and one for merc stuff
  • an account for assorted gems and runes

and so on

Imagine being this ignorant.

Most I had at once was 6 accounts of mules. Some would expire over the years, I would make more and so on.

And yes, I hoarded all the things. I cant even tell you how many sigons sets I most likely hard doing my hoarding prime lol.