Game no longer minimizes when alt-tabbed

I installed an MF run counter which seems to have made some hidden changes that I cannot undue. Now the game keeps in full screen behind other windows when I am alt tabbed and the music and sounds go on. This it is very disruptive.

I tried: removing the MF counter, deleting game files and checking game integrity, reinstalling graphics drivers, all to no avail.

I also deleted the settings file under <C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected> and the problem persisted.

Only thing I could do is I managed to minimize the game by going everytime to task manager then rightclicking diablo 2 and choosing minimize, the sound and music however persist and the game would remain open in the background next time I alt tab.

I am not intersted in workarounds like running the game in windowed mode. I also cannot restore the system to a previous state short of a complete reinstall as I don’t have any recent restore points. I need to reverse this change short of reinstalling my whole computer. Any help would be appreciated

Windows Key + D = show desktop

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.