Game name contains profaine or reserved words… But they’re literally just a random string of text - can’t join games on any characters

Title.
Can’t create game on any characters. Game name can be a random smash of the keyboard and nothing can be made. example is afhasuiedasjikdas. No profanity in characters name itself(Muletwo) (Mule one) etc.

I can join other peoples games however. Only started today, so definitely something you’re doing in the background.

EDIT: I CAN create games agaiN??? weird…

1 Like

I cannot create a game with any game name on Battle.net for Diablo 2 Resurrected.

Upon trying to do so I get the error, “Game name contains reserved or profane words. Please try another name.”

I tried creating games with my other D2R characters and they all give the same error.

I am still able to join other people’s games, but I cannot create my own.

I have had this problem all day today (25Nov2022.) D2R worked fine yesterday.

The problem for me went away. I have no idea why though

[RESOLVED]

Update on this:

I was trying to create games every few minutes without success.

I had to make a trade on the Asia server, and while on the Asia server, I discovered I was able to create games again.

Furthermore, after returning to the Americas server, I was now able to create games again there as well.

I just had the problem return… after i swapped over from europe.

Same here as of tonight. No profanity present but I guess Blizz can read my mind now when I think impure thoughts about the sorceress.

seems random, even when joining without creating private game
exit diablo restart then it goes thru

My issue went away after I changed my region back to Europe.
I never noticed it was changed to America so I don’t know how long it has been like that.
It may have changed when I tried the PTR.