Game insists on running on incompatible gpu

i have 2 gpus(intel hd 4600 and nvidia gtx 770m). every time i try to start it, it tries to run on the intel hd 4600. how do i get it to run on my gtx 770m? addition: it tells me to update my intel graphics drivers. i already have the final drivers for that gpu. it is a known issue with unreal engine 4 however.

You should be able to create custom settings for D2R in your Nvidia control panel. Open Nvidia control panel, create a new profile, and select the D2R exe file. Make sure your GPU is selected in the settings.

i tried that already and it still tries to run on my intel hd 4600. it is a common problem with newer unreal engine 4 games. i never solved it with the others either. the difference here is that the others is compatible with the intel hd 4600 while diablo 2 is not.

dude:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqj7Qn57Ku8

I do hope i don’t have to spoonfeed you in order how to make it work on d2r hmm…?

basically you need to do this for D2R.exe not for the launcher, however if it does not run add the D2R launcher.exe as well…

sorry for no video, I did mess up with blizz in the past posting politically incorrect stuff and blizz don’t trust me to post links anymore, so copy paste it to adress bar.

that solution is for windows 11 and i am running windows 8.1. that means that i can not use it, as that settings screen is not available to me. if you can provide a solution that is for windows 8.1, i am willing to try it however. you should however have understood that i was not running windows 11, as my hardware is not compatible with winows 11. people have gotten the game working in windows 7 without issues. it is just my strange setup combined with unreal engine 4 that causes issues. if nobody here is able to help me, i will try to contact epic.

DUDE!!!
win 7 and win 8.1 are UNSUPPORTED!!!
D2R is supported on win 10 and win 11…
this solution works well on windows 10 same as win 11, win 8.1 is probably the worst windows ever created, you should switch to win 10 asap.
and this is the recommended solution for your windows 8.1.
I advise to do it before win 10 goes to EOL mode and M$ turns off key authentication servers. this game running on win 7 is a bug or a straight out lie the game has a MANDATORY requirement of DirectX 12 support which neithter win7 nor win 8.1 provide. In theory you could use a DX wrapper however the efficiency of that would be utterly bad, so seriously don’t.

i am not going to respond to any more posts from you. you know very well what you are.