Game crashes when multiple fire/spell/lighting (?) effects trigger at same time

[bump #2]
Same type of crash occurred today on a low-level javazon, parked at the Travincal waypoint while I was AFK for approximately 75 minutes (I have the precise timestamp from the crash and from when I left the computer). Environmental vfx would have been occurring, but no significant player activity. I was AFK long enough for my lock screen to come up. I don’t know how that affects the GPU, but I assume the game client still interfaces with the display driver in the background.

With the javazon character I can have a 2-hour+ play session, whereas the blizz sorc crash occurs within 2-10 minutes. But there is no notable difference in the GPU telemetry. So it seems to be game signals not HW related.

Anyway, hoping for some input from a blue or another user, thanks.

[bump/edit]
I think it’s increasingly relevant about the blizz sorc. I cannot seem to induce a crash with any other character. I don’t know if it’s a particle density thing or a kill speed thing (blizz is my main and does way higher dps than the other characters I have available to test). I will say, I’m not always casting blizzard when I crash, and there isn’t always a blizzard vfx firing when I crash. I do keep BO and frozen armor up. I also have a holy freeze merc.

I’m building up a javazon that I can twink in order to get a ton of lightning bolts on screen and see if that will crash. Anyway, waiting for a blue or another user w/ a similar experience to post back.

[original]
Following the advice of a blue post in Black box textures/animations in some acts - #42 by chef-2805 to log this as a bug. Also reported details of my system and the behavior at Game crashes on spell (lighting?) effects if "Environmental Detail" greater than "Low".

Game is crashing completely (does not trigger a Blizzard error report) in situations where the number of spell vfx and textures is high. Hydras seem to be especially prone.

I play a blizz sorc, which is probably relevant.

It’s an intermittent crash not static, so the steps to reproduce are vague, but I can make it happen pretty consistently by walking the Worldstone Keep all the way through to Baal, then defeating Shenk, then aggroing the Trav council.

My rig:

Windows 11
    ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Hero
    12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti (8 GB)
    32 GB 5200mhz DDR5
    1000W titanium-rated PSU
    GeForce Game Ready driver ver. 472.12

Originally was using driver ver. 511.65, but the texture problem described at Black box textures/animations in some acts - #42 by chef-2805 made the crashes much more frequent.

Graphics are optimized through GeForce Experience. Can provide dxdiag and config dumps if needed.