blizzard since the last patch there are areas where you try to enter and the game breaks and closes, example on the way to the countess level 3 and 4. I thought it was a problem with my paladin and I switched to sorceress and in the last hour it broke at least 5 times. Please check what is happening
You should report this to ‘Console Bug Report’.
There is a specific bug to how the game is loading ALL levels of the tower which crashes the game.
The crash will occur more frequently if you go down a level and back up a level and down again.
The crash also occurs more frequently if you are moving very quickly between levels (Sorc Teleport & Paladin Charging).
You can minimize the chance of a crash by moving at a running pace or staying out of the tower for now.
People on other consoles (Mine is PS4 Pro) are saying they get crashes in other locations. Which is not something I can test on mine; I’ve yet to find a place which acts like the Forgotten Tower.
on Ps4 it just happened to me in LK and also in Chaos and in the tower on several occasions, also in other places, it seems to be a random error without the need to change zones or enter rooms or buildings
You guys are doing something different than me. The question is what?
It would be a great benefit to you the “crashee” to figure out what that is. Because I’m not crashing.
Not unless I try to screw with the game making it load as much as I can, as quickly as is possible.
I have crashed at least 10 times. Probably more since 2.4 patch. Mostly in countess run.
I spent 20 minutes with my Sorc trying to crash the game in Lower Kurast, Kurast, Upper Kurast. Nothing.
- I used different spells and spammed them
- Teleported around for 5 minutes straight between 3 zones all over the map
- Went in and out of the Temples as fast as I could (which is a certain way to crash in the forgotton tower)
- Used the Way Points and then zipped around into temples.
Nothing.
If you could start a manual record (double tap share). Post the video to youtube. It would do wonders for finding the crashes people are saying happen constantly.
Check this out.
Are people thinking about what the cause may be or… just swimming in a sea of their own emotions.
Honestly the crashes people have outside the tower are…fascinating. ![]()
Today it has happened to me twice in a row when entering the tower, I have a paladin, maybe that is entering too quickly, there I can give you the reason, but walking or running through open spaces, lk or chaos already makes me doubt, but how You say it may be due to the speed, I suppose that the developers will be aware and willing to repair the error
The speed is in relation to how the game functions. Loading from your storage and moving things into memory.
This happens more frequently during moments you pass through invisible lines which begin loading the next area like zones. Or when you initiate a load by using a waypoint or doorway. It happens in a radius of the map you move through because if you move fast enough, you can get ahead of the loading textures.
Then there is points at which the game self saves. Which I think are triggered by multiple different triggers. Like a certain time had passed (saved). A certain amount of items have been picked up or sold (save). When you make a new game (Save & Exit). (Also noticed the game saves everytime I identify items. SP)
The crashes to me appear to be loading errors. Like if something gets loaded to memory but it doesn’t clear from memory until the game tries to load again and there is no longer space for it. It would explain the sporadic time intervals which can be “aggitated” to the breaking point.
Why the tower does this more effectively than other areas is a mystery to me. As well as what causes the loading errors.
It’s a non-specific quantity of “screwing” with moving between levels to create a crash. Like I can’t go back and forth 4 times and the 5th will cause it every time.
For all we know it could be a combination of loading floor textures plus monster positions and sound effects. When a monster is 10ft from the door it fails. Everytime you go back in and out they are moving away by A.I. and if the magic 10ft position is there at load it won’t clear. Until bam… you try to load the next level with 16 monsters by the door and it crashes because no space for all the info.
Really all you can do is try to relate actions before the crash as best you can then see if avoiding them reduces the crash frequency.
It’s not like we can just open up a debugging mode and see what the game was doing right before it blue screened.
It’s a big enough problem to delay the Ladder Season though. So maybe that means it’s a priority fix.
Maybe.
Nobody cares about consoles, just get over it 
The crashing doesn’t bother me. The lack of communication doesn’t either.
The complaining is tiresome. The mystery of the crash is the most interesting aspect of the update.
“It was Mr. Buttersworth with the Flawless gem in the Forgotten Tower! That’s the bug!”

Patch 1.15 Fixed issue…
“It was me! That’s how you get away with murder.”