Full screen windowed mode

Why is this not an option? I play with multiple monitors and I have no issue playing wow full screen windowed but d2 doesn’t. I have to literally exit the game to go to my other screens even Alt + enter doesn’t work to tab out of the game. Windowed mode just adds a big black border with nothing in it, kinda pointless. Love the game just the windowed mode has to be fixed.

** Update **
This works. Not ideal but its a good workaround until they fix it properly.

hold shift + right click on the d2r game icon on your taskbar of windows. You can choose “minimize”. From there you can resize it to whatever monitor you want.

1 Like

I’m thinking the game is running in windowed mode, i get coil whine when running some games in window, D2R i get whine always, just like you cant change resolution ingame, its based on your desktop resolution.

1 Like

Ok then, to be clear its not working for my custom resolution, yet it works fine in every other game(including another blizzard game named wow). IN D2r I cant minimize, close or move the frame its all locked up regardless if i choose full screen or windowed. Can someone please fix this custom resolution error.

** Update **
This works. Not ideal but its a good workaround until they fix it properly.

hold shift + right click on the d2r icon on your desktop. You can choose “minimize”. From there you can resize it to whatever size you want.

1 Like

This is the exact opposite for me.

I have a correct config on my PC. Not an optimized one, indeed.
But in fullscreen mode i run at 12-13 fps.
And in windowed mode (full screen windowed) it’s 40-50 fps. I can’t understand why it’s worst in fullscreen … :confused:

I would love to see a windowed full screen. I hate seeing a border. I have 2 monitors and constantly need to do something in the other monitor. I either have to tab out all the time or deal with a damn border in window mode.

Please for the love of god make a full screen windowed option.

4 Likes

110% this, I’m running a dual monitor setup and this is annoying to have to alt tab.

3 Likes

what if you’re on windows 11?

so i was able to fix this myself, to some extent. had to put the game in fullscreen, quit the game, and then restart the game and switch to windowed mode from the game’s settings.

1 Like

Any updates or fixes?

Please give us windowed fullscreen!

yes please add this into the options.

not having an option for windowed borderless seems weird since its easily available in other, not to mention, previously released games

The Full Screen option, isn’t full screen. It’s borderless windowed mode… This is why things like Nvidia DSR won’t work with D2R.

1 Like

Yes, please fix full screen windowed.
Also while at it, please also fix the keyboard and mouse input code. It’s so laggy, I won’t be surprised that it’s the legacy code from the 90s.

Well your prayers were answered at the expense of everyone with an Enigma or a sorceress… Thank you for this… smh