Frozen Orb needs a buff

That is a buff. Thus, nerfs are on the menu.

1 Like

It’s QoL and modernisation. So nothing should happen. Every other class got the same CD treatment.

I think it’s safe to say the sorc has a lot more to gain from it than the barb does.

True, that dosen’t mean Sorc should’ve been left out.

But you gotta admit, sorcs benefited the most. They’re the class that had most of of their damage locked behind casting delays. For most classes it was just QoL, for sorcs it was straight damage boost. Being able to cast shadow master or Valkarie and an other timed spell is not the same as stacking blizzard and frozen orb. I acknowledge the disproportional benefit that sorcs got from this change, but with that said I am still okay with the status quo as long as they don’t buff any more. I personally play a hybrid build while nerfs can bring single element builds down, it really weakens hybrids and encourages more people just to stick to 1 element builds.

Yes. That is why I saied, no nerfs, no buffs.

Just wanted to elaborated why the CD change while it appears the same it really wasn’t. I prefer no nerfs but I would not be mad either if some minor ones were made. I understand the reasons behind them.

Buffing or nerfing anything in this game is like walking on a mine field.

Frozen orb doesnt need buff, its strong enough. Blizzard need nerf.

Blizzard not need nerf. It’s normal in many games that there are characters like nukers, tankers, dmg dealers etc. Every class got their own pluses and minuses. Mages are supposed to do masive dmg for their low survivability. You can’t do ubers with sorc but it’s very good class to fight against weak opponents and mf-ing. This is what d2 always was and many peoples don’t need to change it and making all classes equal in every aspect of the game. Same dps, same survivability… etc. Wanna mf? Make sorc. Wanna ubers? Make paladin. Wanna gambling and hrs? Make horker. Wanna farm cows? Make java etc. There is alot of nice builds in d2. We no need to get everythink perfectly balanced with the same posibilities.

It absolutly need nerf. Its not right to farm game on players 8 solo.

Way of playing and what you can do is not same ar raw dmg of your character.

If you nerf java, she still can do cows for example.

Now that they have unlinked the shared cds across the board any buff to Frozen Orb will also buff Blizzard indirectly since they can easily fit it into the rotation. In order to buff Forb without making Blizzard or hybrid builds stronger you’d have to introduce another synergy, possibly with Frost Nova. Alternatively it’d be nice if they made specific armors benefit specific spells, chilling armor seeming like a logical choice to synergize with Frozen Orb since it too fires ice bolts.

There’s obviously the option of merely nerfing Blizzard since it is quite too strong, as are a couple of other abilities.

Ofc that in game should be the builds that can farm p8 solo or easy mf-ing. Even with this builds there is alot hours of farming if you wanna get decent pvp/pve gear. Not all wanna spent all their free time farming d2r. If you want… I suppose there is somethink wrong with you.

You should not play video game if you don’t want to waste your time.
Solo should not be able to clear P8 difficulty that’s all. P8 means players 8, it’s called multiplayer from 2 players in a game !

I love cold sorc and I am not sure I agree. Blizzard is a little better overall and maybe could use a debuff (lower synergies maybe?) by a small touch, however it is incredibly annoying and unreliable at times. Frozen orb is very easy to hit all enemies immediately and more fun to use, though it is a bit weaker.