Frozen Orb needs a buff

For 10+ years it’s been the Blizzard skill gang dominating cold sorcs, despite it being the lvl 24 skill. For a lvl 30 end tree skill, Frozen Orb still lacks the true ability to be end game. It might be able to barely handle players1, but anything higher and you’ll be throwing orbs for days to kill mobs.

Frozen Orb either needs an additional synergy buff (Blizzard has 4!), buff the ice bolt synergy or buff the Orb damage in general. I think it’s time for Blizzard to have a legit competitor.

17 Likes

I think FO was always intended as a complement to another skill, not a Blizz equivalent.

Running a FO/Hydra or FO/Firewall is still viable at playersX with the usual gear.

1 Like

Frozen Orb with only one synergie is a good choice to do hybrid SOSO

Nerf Frozen orb instead and massively nerf Blizzard too. For all the years both spells were super strong.

If you buff synergy damage of FO, dual element sorc will go from extremely powerful to godike OP.

Sorc and Pala are already THE classes. What the hell. You want to buff an extremly powerful skill. I say nerf it instead. Nerf Blizzard twice just so you see what other classes feel like.

1 Like

Please stop talking.

Orb needs buffing. It’s my favorite skill. It does okay in P1 with a full build. Just okay. But if another person joins it suddenly isn’t viable. In a full game I may as well go buy a staff with +1 to charged bolt and start flinging those at mobs for how useful frozen orb is.

5 Likes

Doesnt need a Buff, it doesnt need a Nerf, that hate speech because Sorc its the most viable character becasue of teleport.

FO always has been a complementary skill, for Hydra or Meteor, Firewall, etc it provides flexibility, and when you hit the gear focused on FO that thing does 1K per bolt or more, and if you calculate distance to hit the target when it explodes will rip and tear any mob.

elemental damage descrease its value by every aditional player in the game, Sorc full gear on any build takes forever to kill any bossmob on P8, while Hammerdin with mediocre gear reaps them apart.

1 Like

It isn’t viable at P2 trolololo.
Nice troll. Have you ever played ANYTHING else besides Java, Hammerdin and Blizzard-Sorc?
Try a normal class and build LOL

OR …you put on some good items. Orb has almost the same kill speed as Blizz (besides Throne Room).

I think orb could use a little tlc as well honestly. But as I keep reading everything people would like to see I think of .09 patch haha which was actually really fun :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually like frozen orb :slight_smile: not saying it couldnt need a bit extra but its still decent as it is. Prefer it as a league starter over blizzard any time since u can combine it with another skill and better handle the cold immunes. besides i like the playstyle alot better and now u can combine it with hydra :smiley:

I would agree with you on the intent but FO is a level 30 skill and should be a great alternative to blizzard. Plus, what if you don’t want to run blizzard? You’re not gonna go frost nova or glacial spike. Fire and lightning now have multiple skill uses but cold doesn’t. Therefore, Frozen Orb needs buffed.

1 Like

What? wait… where’s all those FO fanatics that keeps claiming FO is better than Blizzard today?

Their head would sooner explode than acknowledge FO is currently lesser than Blizzard…

FO is used for dual speccing, I don’t think any should expect it to be strong as blizzard while being so flexible

Oh completely agree.

I used FO as secondary always - never as primary. Its the best secondary due the minimum amount of skill points to usability/viability ratio.

and need to stay on that point FO doesnt need a buff or Nerf, if I remember in 1.08 or 1.09 there was no delay in it and damn bro you were casting that Sh!T like hell Blizzard was just a prereq skill.

i like the flexibility it gives for (Skill)Orb build you want to name.

if Devs Increase damage a little or reduce Cooldown, Blizzard Skill will be thrown away again.

Meteorb, Fireworb, Hydrorb even Novaorb are pretty solid Dual builds, and with the Hydra Buff is the cream on top, you can Max Forb 1-Cold Mast, 1-Icebolt , and you will be 1 point below to max out all hydra Synergies and matery

I think a good middle ground is to remove the cooldown on it.

2 Likes

Frozen orb does not need a buff. Full geared Cold sorcs orb spec’d Destroy endgame content. It hits multiple times just like bliz, and more reliably. If you think frozen orb needs a buff, I suggest you try end game gear with it doing 2000 damage + per shot on the frost bolts, which is lvl 42 frozen orb. It will destroy bosses just as fast as Blizzard does, and more.

If any build needs a nerf, it’s hammerdin, just because of how much you can do with it in current game content. The hammer bug fix was a good step, but they need to make it so concentration aura affects spells equally or no spells at all. thus ends the second portion of my unpopular opinion.

2 Likes

If FO gets a buff I am about to loose it. Ultra OP class, FO is moooore than decent. Blizz is for 1 elemental builds. FO is a skill point wonder.

Other classes have zero damage in comparison to FO. Thus, if FO is getting a buff, I want Blizzard nerfed to 50% and all other classes buffed to +50%.

2 Likes

Some people want to go solely FO. You can’t fault those people because the other skills make FO a great add on skill.

IMHO the existing synergy needs a buff. Alot of people don’t skill the synergy because it’s so little gain, even guides for duals mostly recommend skipping the synergy.

A 3% bump to synergies would be a decent DPS buff going pure cold and folks using it for hybrid can still use it as a two skill wonder with mastery. Seems legit to me. They could use at least a reason to take a synergy as 2% does not cut it.

1 Like