Frenzy confusion

Hi, so I am new to diablo 2 and I am trying to make a frenzy barb but I do not really understand how this skill works. For max dmg should I constantly spam frenzy (it actually seems very slow)? Or should I cast it once whenever effect’s time expires and hit with double swing in the mean time? Thanks!

check your attack rating and speed of your weapons. If your swings dont hit you wont gain its +attack speed.
Yes, as long as you hit, your attack speed will be incrreased.

according to my calculations, the damage of “double swing” is less than frenzy. It’s pointless for you to go back to it when you gain the effect.

3 Likes

Keep them as F1 and F2 hotkeys and switch. The buff from frenzy will apply to double swing once you charge up frenzy. Frenzy will look like more damage on the character speed but unless you already have top rate speed, the faster attacks on double swing will do more, especially if you have a lot of elemental damage on them or % chances to cast curses, since more hits = more chances.

The cost of double swing goes to zero eventually, so you can use it even when mana burn enemies take away all your mana. Unfortunately, some of the mana stealing enemies in Hell are immune to physical damage so you’ll need one point in Beserk as well.

3 Likes

I’m using both. Double swing on LMB and Frenzy on RMB. Frenzy does more damage and has more AR but Double Swing is faster so I generally use Frenzy until I reach max speed than start double swinging for a bit, then change over to Frenzy to keep my speed up.

1 Like

Only use Double Swing for synergies if you have the points. The frenzy works up it’s bonus for each hit till you have your max. If you now hit with concentrate or bezerk, the frenzy bonus is added, alongside the attack speed.

So put frenzy on left mouse button, and have either concentrate or bezerk on right, and alternate so you keep frenzy up.

Gives tons of damage.

You might want ias on weapons and gloves to get Frenzy going faster.

Double swing does less dmg.

Once you lvl frenzy up and get some attack speed increase you will be fine. Double swing only adds 10% dmg where frenzy adds a TONN of %dmg

Both double swing and frenzy are viable builds.

Fireny requires a spool up, and puts you in a “have to run to the next group” mentality to keep frenzy going, but it’s damage potential is higher then Double swing.

Double swing is more flexible, easier to work with, and Does very well on it’s own, but doesn’t have the damage potential of Frenzy. It’s really up to you to pick which one you want.

Me, I prefer Double swing. Frenzy gets so crazy it’s hard for me to control, and I hate losing the buff and having to start again on the next group. But some players don’t mind it, and prefer frenzy. Honestly, just try both and see which one suits you better, both do just fine in Hell.