Freezing on Startup

Hey there,

I’m currently deep into an offline single player grail (+75%) and have spent countless hours on this personal project and suddently a week ago, the game just started freezing completely upon start up. I get to the screen ‘Press any button to play’ and then just freezes on black screen and the little Diablo logo in the buttom right corner.

I am so scared of trying to reinstall the game as I dont want to loose those hundreds of hours of progression on my offline singleplayer character, but I’ve tried everything else from the ‘Scan/Repair’ function, to deactivating my GeForce Experience app etc.

Went on vacation for a week and hoped that it was a patch fix or something that would be solved when I returned but I’m having the exact same issue still.

Can somebody please help?

Cheers!

Hey there,

If you have not already done so, I highly recommend making a backup of any offline characters. These are stored locally and if lost cannot be recovered. Just create a new folder somewhere else on the system (documents, desktop, a specifically created folder etc…) Your Offline saves are located under this folder. (Sub your PC name)

C:\Users(Your PC Username)\Saved Games

Once that is done you can try some of the troubleshooting like reinstalling the game client without worry.

As for the issue you are experiencing, typical culprits would be GPU driver issues, corrupt client data or interference from other software on the system. Focus your troubleshooting on those potential causes. If none of that helps then I’d recommend submitting some system files via ticket so one of our Technical Support Agents can dig into that with you directly.

You can click your name at the top right of this page, click support, click contact support to get started.