FPS drop and CTD after killing Shenk (sometimes)

After killing Shenk, when stuff comes raining from the sky, the FPS go down and then the game crash to desktop without any warning or message error. Ocurred today 06/10/2021, 2 out of 4 times i killed him. My PC is powerful enough, so i guess there is something wrong here.

1 Like

Can confirm. Same thing happens to me and my PC can handle all the game has to offer with ease on highest graphics settings. Tried to lower and the issue still occurs. Goes down to about 50 to 60 FPS for me. Usually play at 141 FPS (monitor has 144 FPS max).

had the same happening to me! when my fps were uncapped, the game suddenly crashed before going down to like 20 fps. with capped to 60, it still goes down from 60 most of the time!

Ryzen 5600X and 6900 XT.

The problem is they never fixed the Shenk/Multishot bug from the original game. Basically if he spawns with Multishot, his death animation will play multiple times on top of each other. I have a 5800x and 3080, and my fps will drop to 10-20 when I kill him with the multishot affix. Only work around is to loot n scoot before the fireballs start going off.

I just have to revive this post.

The issue persist, and now with the qeue system is even worse when it happens.

Fix the bug it is annoying

And reviving this post again. 18/1/2022 and still not adressed.

Its a bug that straight kicks you from the game, and seems very common.

Months has passed and no fix whatsoever.

1 Like

It happens like 50% of the time, usually I don’t lose any important loot – but today I was running to catch a Mal and then I crashed… it’s not a huge loss, but why? Please fix this.

I’ve never had an issue with CTD or even fps slowdown with Shenk. Are you sure it isn’t a hardware problem?

Sure. Read other replies. Has been around since classic Diablo 2.

RTX 2070, 16GB ram, i7 9750.

People with totally different hardware getting this bug too.

Guess I’m just lucky. Never had it occur in classic D2, haven’t had an issue in D2R. My old PC ran it just fine: o/c’d 8700k, 1080Ti, 16GB ram, running on 144Hz 1440p monitor. New system is o/c’d 12700KF, 3090, 32GB ram, running on 165Hz 1440p monitor.

One thing I can think of: is this in online or offline play? I only play offline. In old D2, I only played offline and TCP/IP, no battle.net.

Online play, it happens from time to time, seemingly randomly (another user pointed it may happen if Shenk spawned with Multishot)