Fortitude with 25% fcr is it worth for sorc?

now I use an armor with 20 fcr to reach 105 fcr so do you think making a fortitude is worth for sorc or any caster chars?

so far I think people use it for merc

Not worth for casters because Vmagi and Enigma exist.

1 Like

I agree with darkmaster there are so many other options that have higher upsides.

I use one fortitude in one of my sorceres, the nova light sorc and make her very tanky, I love it.

1 Like

in the vast majority of cases i would say: no… there are better options.

however that doesn’t mean u need to follow them, not everything needs to be BIS or hyper efficient
if u want to make a more melee range sorceress. then you could certainly use fort…
if that really was the case i would probably consider not using fort and maxing your chilling armor yourself as fort will override it with a lower one… if you maxed yours. but assuming your a melee sorc that didntt want to use those 20 points in that… i could potentially see it

its certainly not the best choice in pretty much any conceivable senario, viper would be the go-to for resists and fcr. and is probably a hell of a lot cheaper as well

but you do you. Don’t get sucked into playing what other people think is best.
but if u are really searching for whats best… its not fort.
Fort is for melee characters for the 300% enhanced damage… which wont work with spells

1 Like

Agreed … “up” it & socket it with an UM rune for further res …

Remember defense on a sorc is okay to have, but not needed to be too high … you are a distance caster, NOT a face-to-face melee character …

The viper is probably the best/cheapest choice.

The Act 2 freezy merc gives ya that extra second protection when teleing … add in frozen armor and energy shield a good & careful teler will be just fine … even more so in easy-core!

:edit:

In HC you would be better suited to worry about “defenses” vs skills for survivability …

A coupla unique armors come to mind …

GBane [most already have the str due to wanting to use Spirit shield] high def, cannot be frozen, 30% fhr, Poison length red by 50%, attacker takes dam of 20, dam red by 15-20, mdr by 15-20 … a good survivors armor, socket and add UM rune for res all

Tyreals is another option with no str req, socket and add UM rune for res all

Duriels is another acceptable item … decent def, can be upped once, + to def, + to life, res all, cannot be frozen, low str req, socket and add UM rune for res all

Atmas … higher str req [but if using spirit shield is a non-issue], can be upped once, decent def with 102%-180% enhdef, + to def based on level … replen life +10, increase max mana by 15%! … and has nominal mf @ +20%, socket and UM rune for res all

the lowest, probably cheapest with low str req and can be upped twice: Darkglow … +5% to max all res’, also +10 res all, socket and add UM rune for res all … maybe not the highend you are used to, but with that much res, easy to reach the 80% res all limit it offers as such, it’ll work in a pinch temporarily, until can afford more …

… Just some thoughts to ponder … there are ALWAYS alternatives!

Maybe I am stupid, but I typically play my Sorceress with a Viper or Tal Rasha’s chest piece.
FCR, while important, is not the only stat you should consider. You should check out your other stats and deliberate on what would benefit you more.
If I move on to a more expensive armor, I create Chains of Honor. Not only does it solve issues with resistances, but it adds some physical damage reduction and 2 to all skills.

Also, there’s no RNG involved when it comes to Chains. The same cannot be said when it comes to Fortitude.

1 Like

a Viper is expensive though I’ve never found one but something (q…m…) maybe, most stats are like Viper +1skill…
I think it’s not a bad idea Carmor is pretty useful, I may make it for one of my sorc

There is nothing wrong wiyh fortitude on a sorceress. 25 to 30 all res, good base def and the frozen armor proc. Besides the fcr of course. However, viper magi is cheaper has more fcr and +1 to skills. So it comes down to your build and what you have available

Finding a Lo rune or trading for it may be harder and/or cost more than doing the same to obtain a Viper Magi … with 30 res and socket, add UM rune for a total of 45 res all … plus the Viper can be upped to about 1k def … it’s a sorc, not a melee character, , the res all and 30% fcr are more important … having plus to skills is a bene …

I just threw away a couple vipers…

Yes there is. I mean you can use whatever you want and still find some success sure, but fortitude is just objectively a worse armor at a higher cost than a viper magi.

Fort
Chilling Armor
Defense
Life
Rep Life
Max Light Res
AR 25-30
DR by 7
12% dmg goes to mana

Viper Magi
Defense
1 All Skills
30FCR
MDR
AR 25-30
SOCKET

Chiling armor is a 1 point wonder don’t need it’s proc from Fort.
You can get comparable defenses on both by upping the vmagi.
The life and the rep life is nice ish, but not overwhelming
Resists are the same
Damage to mana is fairly bad IMO, but to each their own.
The rest are small perks.

To wear a fort instead of a vipermagi you’re also sacrificing a +1 to all skill ring while sacraficing +1 skill on the vmagi. Which means your EVERY ability and your pre-buffs are taking a hit by +2 to all skills. Even in the world where you had the best 10FCR rare ring I’m not sure you make up for the -2 plus skills.

30 all res viper tades for ber right now
Likewise, notvevery build needs to hit max fcr breakpoint either. It depends on your build and if you already made fortitude for a melee character, it beats several of yhe budget options

The only sorc build that would use fortitude armor is a dual dream zeal sorc. Asides of that, vmagi, ormus, enigma, coh, etc. are much more superior options.

You don’t have enough phys on a dual dream sorc, so fort wouldn’t be great there either. Viper works better with ES and allows another 5/-5. also the +1 is nice for ench