For all the extra expanded stash people

If I want to keep items I don’t use, what’s the harm? Storage space on servers is cheap as heck. It’s not an issue to implement and doesn’t impact game play. Seems like a no brainer regardless of whether or not you end up using the items. But besides that, I can try to answer your question regarding keeping items I may not use:

1. I play hardcore so having items in reserve to rebuild a current character is required. Sure I already have a Witch Wild String (WWS), but if I find a second one I want to hold onto it for when my WWS amazon dies. But if they don’t die I don’t use the spare.

2. Many builds (especially in hardcore) almost require certain pieces of equipment. If I find a piece of gear that is end game gear for a specific build I keep it in hopes of one day finding other pieces for that build. If I do find other pieces I make the build. If I don’t find other pieces, I keep storing the items even though I don’t use them.

3. I keep rune word bases. You never know what runes or combo of runes you will find. So how do you know which bases you will use? I definitely hold onto runeword bases that I may never use. I found a 5 socket phase blade yesterday that I muled away for later. It’s a great base for a Grief. But I don’t know when I’ll have an extra Lo to make that runeword. For all I know I’ll never use it. But I think it makes sense to want to keep it just in case. I certainly don’t want to farm it once I want to make the runeword. Farming for a base you previously found but threw out stinks.

4. I like to save components for crafting: runes, jewels, & perf gems. I guess I could craft as a go, but that is annoying. Much easier to save a bunch and do one big crafting session where you craft a bunch of items.

5. In hardcore, you end up making new characters on a regular basis. I like keeping around low end items for bringing characters up. I’m fully aware that it’s faster to leech waypoints & xp from other people’s runs, but I enjoy playing my low characters through the areas. Having the twink gear is fun. I just made a Paladin that in normal difficulty played with angelic set and half of sigon’s. It was a blast to play. I know this gear stinks, but if I hadn’t held onto it I wouldn’t have used it. When I saved it, I had no idea I’d use it this way.

6. Charms you may never use. I’ve been keeping faster run/walk charms and faster hit recovery charms on a mule. I don’t have a character in mind for them right now, but I may in the future. I really don’t want to spend time collecting charms for this type of thing if I’ve found them in the past and threw them away. I find it likely that in the future I’ll have a character that uses something like goblin toe that has no faster run/walk and those charms will set him up. But then again, maybe I won’t run that character. Maybe I never use them. But I certainly want to have the option to do it.

7. Niche items that are tough to find. If you find it you want to save it, you may never see it again. I found a magic coronet with 25 integer PDR. I don’t have a character in mind for it now, but it could be a great start to a future fun PDR build. I’m not even sure what class that character would be. Just a idea for the future. Again, if I decide to make that character one day why should I have to re-find the item? That’s not fun.

8. I don’t do this, but many people are collectors. They want one of each item. Many, many, many games are entirely focused on collecting stuff. Why not cater to this? Who cares if someone ever uses the items. Catering to this doesn’t cost anything and may bring in more support for the game. It’s a win for the game as a whole. Why would we not want to do this?

9. Building towards a full set. I’ll keep a rare set item if I find it. Sure, Tal’s orb isn’t great by itself, but maybe I’ll find other parts of the set in the future and use it. But maybe I won’t. Regardless I’ll want to keep it.

I know some people have an endless amount of time to re-farm items they have found in the past. I don’t. If find an item I want to be able to save it just in case I want it in the future. Re-finding items at the time of need just isn’t fun.

4 Likes

I have two mule characters. Mules are useful for storing runes and gems so they don’t clutter an actual character’s inventory. However, I do agree that mules for everything else is trivial when you can make a new character to play immediately instead of hold it on a mule character.

stacking gems and runes would cut down on 40% of the mules existing right now.

3 Likes

I currently run 8 chars, the most OP for each class and hammerdin and smiter for the Pally. So I run 12 mules, all of them @80% full with no duplicates or any item that would be considered “B tier” (or worst). And my luck for drop rates is abysmal despite playing a lot, can’t believe I’m still hunting for my first Shako, lol /facepalm.

I’d rather have 10 char slots, but the extra 10 slots accessible through shared stash than the current 20 char slots having to swap around. It’s all made worst with game creation delay due to server limitations and the whole concept just evade me. Like… Spock would find it illogical. I just keep the important set pieces, no way I can spare the space for silly things like having a full sigon laying around. The current system just alleviate the stress of having to drop an item in the open while rushing to relog in your other account to grab the item before the game would be gone or someone steal your item. Yet it leaves us at 33% of the capacity I would define as the minimum space to keep me happy. A currency tab for runes, gems, keys and essence would also be such a nice addition. Does any of this break the game like you stated? Of course, no. Does it create additional frustration to a large amount of player (compounded by server performance and other bugs)? Yes, it does.

Note: a pro-jsper for me, would be defined as someone would want low drop rates and small inventory tabs so it limits the offer on the market for niche items. It then sells for more FG on JSP and they make a larger profit. Yet, if player leaves then the demand drops, so unsure if this is that viable of strategy in the long run. But humans tend to want a small gain now than a steady gain on a long term period.

2 Likes

I still have no words to describe the insanity of having crippeling server issues with players relogging and creating new games while basically FORCING them to do exactly that because the lousy inventory space.

1. more stash space/dedicated tabs for stacking runes and gems
  2. allow instances to be reset within the game
  3. ?
  4. Profit
3 Likes

If you make shoes for running, you can’t blame the runners for running too fast.
You’ve got to make better shoes.

If you make a game where the most effective way to play is entering a game, playing for 45 seconds and leaving, you don’t tell players to stop farming the way you as a developer made the best possible way to farm, you improve the servers.
(Or you fix the problem of short specialized runs being the most effective way to farm the game for valuable items.)

3 Likes

Exactly, plus a shared stash tab would create less server strain (albeit slight) as there would just be items and gold vs the same plus data on quests, waypoints, skills, stats, etc.

1 Like

It would be cool to see something added to incentivize staying in the same game, say a small additive MF bonus (15% maybe ?) for each 250 monsters killed or zone fully cleared.

1 Like

I know people talked about a seperate tab for charms,i dont think they need more stash space. A global bank for your account wouldnt be bad though, or charms that worked while in the cube. Unless you building alts and saving gear it look to me like lots of stash space,just get rid of the junk:) If you into selling gear you might want more, i am not into the economy or selling gear for real money .

mate for real, IF you ever played with a charm inventory you would know how glorious it is.
u fidget much less with the loot, put this in the cube, take this out, go back in town 3 times/run. i mean really.
and yeah there’s a bit ofa power creep. say 2-4 skillers worth. you can barely feel that, and truly you can already play with 9 skillers if that’s your thang.

1 Like

Obvious troll is obvious, you came out too strong with the anti-intellectualism.
Try to be more subtle next time.

so whats that? 10 chars on sc and 10 on hc, not even counting ladder.

let me quickly compare that to my ~25 mules per league on d2, which I got with a single purchase

1 Like

I play offline mode and yesterday i learned (the hard way) that if you have a power out during gameplay it corrupts your shared inventory file.

Since all your characters share this game file every single offline character becomes completely unplayable. The way to play the game again is to go into your game file and delete the Shared Stash .d2s

You get access to your characters again, but lose your shared stash.

Lesson learned: I need to make mules to store my inventory.

1 Like

How does adding more stash space Affect people who do not need stash spaces. Just don’t use it.

Some people seems to be enjoy being nasty and see joy in misery of people. I don’t want it, so you can’t have it.

4 Likes

If they implemented the 10 shared tabs like we had voted on then this would have cut down the amount of times people have to leave a game to go put items on mules…

I literally have 3 mules just for open socketed items because I happened to get really lucky finding good bases when I first started playing… I have a rune mule, 2 gem mules, 1 for assorted gems and 1 for perfect gems… like this is getting absurd at this point.

Just implement the ****ing extra tabs! Give us 10 minimum, I wouldn’t be opposed to more either, the fact that this game is so limited makes absolutely zero sense at this point and never has made sense either… It’s a game where you find and trade loot and your space is finite… :confused: dumb logic is dumb.

One could argue that you’re supposed to pick and choose which items to keep but sorry, the age of iron chair nerds is over… no one cares how HxC you are when you’re living in your mom’s basement living off disability checks.

3 Likes