First time Amazon player. What gear should I use?

Sorry for posting here and not Amazon page but this section gets way more attention so my apologies.

Anyways I’m a lvl 42ish explosive arrow trying to switch to Javazon. I’m using a Lore, Peace, Ancients Pledge, 40frw fire res boots, 20ias gloves of things of note to mention. I have a thundergods belts but too low level. Are those good items to transition to a lightening fury or aside from a Razortail which I’m pissed I found on my necro a couple weeks back and chucked it, what else do I want or need? And can I get them in normal. I’m not sure what I want on a javelin and where a good place to get one is.

You want the unique version of the ceremonial javelin. Titan’s Revenge. Preferably ethereal. This can actually be a farmed as early as normal baal I believe. The main problem you’ll have with a javazon is keeping mana up. So get some mana on kill rings and/or replace your lore helm with a ‘tir, tir’ socket one until you have more mana sustainability.

As long as you can keep your mana up, you can probably switch on over to lightning fury right now. Though I personally don’t switch over to it until I’m at least in the 70s.

Maxroll’s javazon guide looks good, if you want to check it out.

1 Like

Both javazons and bowazons are great for noobs so dont feel too discouraged too early…though elemental bowazons are much tougher to play versus strafe.

But if you insist on playing jav I hope you are using a respec and not just trying out a javazon with a bunch of points into bow skills…and as mentioned, eth titans are bis but non eth is to me nicer since you can quickly replenish your stacks by repairing or using ort rune plus tbh the extra physical damage is usually pretty neglible in pvm. They are relatively common and for one with random ed%, they are almost worthless, you could probably trade for one with a few pameth or hels…

Javazons are best at farming cows though they truly shine once you get an infinity on your merc which sounds pretty unlikely for you I would imagine for quite some time so keep that in mind…

All the guides I’ve seen show the bis items or items that are harder to come by. I need a “budget” build lol. My merc has an insight so my mans sustain is pretty good. I also have a spirit shield I can use once I get enough strength. Not sure how advisable it would be to plug in all my strength for it at lvl 50

So exactly my point, you arent respecing and youre trying to become a javazon in the middle of skilling for a elemental bowazon.

Stream and send us a link will be best way to get help.

As javazon you don’t need gear for non lightning immune mobs. Get a rhyme for can not be frozen and res and try to get some ias/skills to have faster kill speed.

The first problems you encounter are with lightning immunity mobs. Your merc should be able to kill most of them but don’t get big packs. High phys dmg or multi element javelins can be very useful for those mobs. For the playthrough I also recommend a point in Valkyrie or using the peace armor for another blocker

If you already have an tgods, you could also consider an wisdom helmet to get pierce.

1 Like

If you check maxroll and click on build variants (i think it is called) there should be both starter and budget versions of the javazon.

My zon is 99 with bis gear
Its alot to explain in one text box without becoming redundant. I could show you my gear.

You generally want razortwitch belt to hit 100% piercing with your passive. The denser the mob is and how well you pierce it will melt it down faster.

Your shield options generally are spirit/phoenix/jmod

3 eth titans is pretty safe in terms of never having cooldown on the stack
Griffons eye/ enigma or coh and highlords ammy.

The popular meta would say to use thunderstrokes but for me it doesnt seem to clear as fast. 20 ias gloves with 2 to jav skills with either cb or mana on kill. Ravenfrost(must) dual leech with fcr is nice but your other ring slot you can chose how you want it.

Go max block

Bowazon gear is way more expensive for BIS and it varies because you can find rare bows that proc amplify damage on hit

1 Like

You heard the man. Just slap that jmod, enigma, griffons the works on that 42ish amazon.

5 Likes

My LF zon is only lvl 91 currently, and soon to be lvl 92. I used maxroll’s build guides. I was using the razortail belt, until I found Tgods and now I am using that. I do not have an eth Titans, but a regular one with 193% ed. It works just fine. No Enigma or COH for me yet. Also I still have not found a Shako or Arachs… but I did find a Deaths Web and a COA. RNG can be odd like that.

If you build your LF zon char correctly, the gear/resists/etc really won’t hold you back. You will not clear as fast, but you will clear things out. So another vote for the maxroll dot gg’s website build guides. They work very well. Icy Veins is also worth checking out, the build guides there are not the same as Maxroll’s but very close.

Good Luck

My advice to you…
This is for “non-endgame gg gear faceroll” - just standard, normal playthrough, though still applicable in some situations at that high-end gear state.

One of your greatest Offensive and Defensive tools in your arsenal is:
Decoy
It’s a 1 point wonder.
Valk as well ofc, but sometimes you have a Valk that you want to keep.
Decoy costs less mana and has no internal cooldown, can be spammed and can remove most of, if not all, aggro on you(and merc) a majority of the time.

Using some examples:
Cows - Casting Decoy can aggro multiple packs and recasting as needed maintains it the aggro.
This takes the heat off your Merc and Valk and can make some amazing groupings that you have free reign to fire away at.

Chaos - Cast Decoy to draw Oblivion Knight’s Curses - make mobs turn their backs on you and also group them.

Throne of Destruction: Cast either before or upon Wave spawn. All enemies will focus their first attacks on it.
Wave 3 Hydras - negates them completely(as well as Valk placement - no more Merc death - cast Decoy in the center of Hydras as needed).
Totally control Minions of Destruction with it and Valk.

Souls, Stygians(Dolls) and ‘corners’ - Decoy can draw fire from Souls, nullify Dolls and be used to probe around corners / into the fog of war at the edge of the screen.

Just throwing this out there to make your time with Zon a whole lot easier.
Decoy is one of the most powerful crowd control skills in the entire game that isn’t “hard CC”.
It lets you control the flow of combat and enemy placement, grouping and aggro without worrying about some dumb minion A.I. going off an doing its own thing - or worse - leading enemies right to you or placing itself between you and enemies making things like Souls lightning or piercing attacks pass through to you.
Enjoy.

1 Like

irk, problem solved.

He asked what he should be using. Personally jmod is not my first choice either. A low defense jmod is worth like 30 jah. Which is 1k fg non ladder… just for some perspective. 1 socket quest can be sold for a jah rune and a level 40 bumper for 2 jah

1 Like

Sounds like a good start gear wise.
Sucks about the RazorTail, you’ll want one of those.
Titan’s Revenge Jav is lvl42, that would be great, or any +skills Magic Jav you can find… replenish is very nice.
SilkWeave boots are your friend… +5 mana after each kill (maek) is a big plus.
Valkyrie Wing helm is good (+2skills and maek).
Ancients Pledge is good, I used a “The Ward” with 50@res until I got a hold of a Moser’s Blessed Circle and stuck a couple ok-ish Facetes in it.
Deaths Hand and Deaths Guard will give you cannot be frozen, 30IAS, and nice poison mitigation.
Skills of the Victor would not be bad with +skills and Mana.
Spirit Shroud with +skills and CNBF would open up your belt slot, as would Duriel’s Shell.
IIRC I used ViperMagi for a very long time (+skills, @res, magic damage reduced).
I never used Decoy, but made good use of Valkerie, mostly as an aide to keep the Merc alive, until I could gather gear that let him survive on his own, then I respec’d and dumped the Valk for more synergy points.
Insight on your Merc would be a big help if you cannot sustain your mana with the stuff (Helm, Boots) noted above.
Eventually, Lightening Sunder (lvl70) has been good for me and Storm Shield (lvl73) is often in the discussion regarding BIS gear.

Good Luck.

1 Like