First 99 already

SCL already has it’s first 99 and it’s a Sin again…

HCL is leading with a 97 sin followed by a 95 sin…

1 Like

What do we do now?

We play the game.

-quoting South Park from memory

2 Likes

“But how do you kill that which has no life?”

1 Like

Terror Zones and Mosaic go brrrrr.

3 Likes

when did ladder start? less than 3 days ago… holy crap that is some organized running.

More like solo p8 farming with loader…

I don’t know when they hid 99, but I looked at the ladder at around 60 hours into the ladder and they were already 99.

I’m kind of nostalgic for the old 99 grind. It’s too easy now. It used to be some kind of insane prestigious thing one could do. Terror zones definitely casualized it.

I think terror zones would be better if they did not increase experience, just potential item drop levels.

4 Likes

I agree with this, I wish 99 was still a big achievement. I still haven’t leveled to 99, but even the mid 90’s is too easy now.

3 Likes

na 99 is not even an achievement anymore, it’s so easy to get with 8p terror zones

LOD was a better game imo, even for bots it took them 3+ months to hit 99, and if you were a legit player hitting 99 it was actually neat.

D2R its like who cares leveling is so easy, ladder is a meme on d2r sadly, D2 LOD was more competitive

3 Likes

y’all are so high on nostalgia it’s made you grumpy. Games still fun and if you wanna no life to 99 you can. If you wanna 99 without tz you can do that too.

2 Likes

no, people crying 99 after 3 days, that’s due to D2R changes making it so easy, do you have any reading comperhension?

Stating LOD had a more competitive ladder is factually true statement, wtf is nostalgic about stating facts…

1 Like

I think that it was necessary to reduce the grind to 99, but the problem is that you no longer need to play as a team to make the most xp.

Before TZ, 99 was a group effort. Someone setting up baal/dia/ES for the 99 grinder.

Now you just need 7 filler and start killing stuff and you want to be alone in the tz.

1 Like

Yep. Agree with you with it being a group effort and now way too easy.
However I do not think it was necessary to change the length of seasons in the first place, nor to change 99 grind even after that.

I think the point is not necessarily to make every aspect of the game accessible to the mass. There can be things that will be a made to come back to the game. For example a 10 year goal which is what Llama did with his solo character. There is value to that when a game can provide such longevity.

When there are more gold medals than silver and bronze, It does not make the game more rewarding. If you see the analogy with too many characters reaching 99.

The game was designed to be steeper as we approach towards the end. TZ destroyed the curve.

I would like also to mention the chart which makes levelling near 99 very difficult, and some some still may not know. In red, monsters give 5% of experience when the gap with character level is too big. Basically, TZ destroy this chart and monsters can give 5 to
~40 times more than before ; because they can give close to full exp higher level monster.

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fexternal-preview.redd.it%2FzJtudMI5MsVMRFxFBZQVg84nNEuR7-2Yii2vI9Zlm7A.png%3Fwidth%3D1080%26crop%3Dsmart%26auto%3Dwebp%26s%3D082c71e0fddcccb2849bd0bc82519aefa7e720ba

I already said during beta that the experience given by TZ was stupid.
2 weeks to give feedback on such a big update was way too short. D2 is a world of subtlety with fine elegant mechanisms and this patch came like a meteorite.
Sad because the unanimity all agreed we did not want a d3 approach to the leveling system.

I have 34 characters, online, Non Ladder, levels in to 91 to 96, if I concentrate all my time in only 1 character, I would have 1 character 99 and nothing else.

1 Like

The target audience for D2R were not teenagers that have lots and lots of time, but people that played the original as young folks and are now the workforce with family and responsibilities. 99 is still unreachable for a lot of casual players, but you can reach it with 1hour per day if you focus on 1 char. Not everyone plays with 7 loaders or has a group that allows them to solo tz p8 all day.

I mean for me it’s maybe a little too fast, but I couldn’t grind the amount of baalruns I did back in the 2000s. House, wife, kid and work wouldn’t allow it and I wouldn’t want to miss out on life only to get to 99. So it’s a good compromise for me with the pace to 99 in a “casual” environment, but because they failed to provide group content, the solo p8 progression is way too fast. It takes away the group play, it puts people against each other and it takes the fun out of it, because you no longer get to help each other reach goals.

If TZs gave the same amount of xp/h (like in group in chaos for example) as now, but would actually need group play to clear, it would be a great addition to the game.

Now it’s absurd xp if you solo p8 and the balance between the worst and the best TZs is huge… which makes the whole TZ thing just trash…