8 new runewords for Season 3 Patch 2.6 announced (MacroBioBoi, Dbrunski, LuckyLuciano and Kano)

watch here for Ground, Hearth, Temper, Cure and Bulwark:

watch here for Metamorphosis:

watch here for Mosaic:

watch here for Hustle:

3 Likes

Nice.

It’s good to see some lowish runewords added for melee builds. Having the option for all damage resist types except magic of course will help build diversity a bit when working your way up.

Might have to hang up Lore/Nadir. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I do agree - cheap, mid runewords to help out early on.

2 Likes

Bulwark will be a good cheap early helm for the A2 merc, or even the A5 merc in a barb helm.

1 Like

Currency tab dies again for more hardly used runewords? Only helmet used in leveling is Lore +1 all skills and already with +30% lightning resist.

7 Likes

again…more runewords…

Do they know that there are more things in the game than the damn runewords?

Add more QoL, fix errors, fix fhr, improve unique/set items, rework Tz, improve unuseful skills…but not…more damned runewords.

29 Likes

Considering they’re doing crunch time on D4 and also prepping for a D3 reset, I’ll take whatever, even if its minimal. It’s definitely more than what they have done with the original game post 1.13. (2010)

Besides, there may be more than just runewords in store. So don’t count the chickens until they hatch. :egg: :chicken:

Also, I really doubt they’d bump the version up x.1 just for adding a handful of runewords to an item spreadsheet.

Yeah people worshipped runewords before D2R release too much like it’s only item type existing in D2 and that’s the result. They are already mostly used items so I also don’t understand why not improve others instead for variety. So many cool uniques got good looking 3D models only to remain useless.

5 Likes

i’ve said it so many times but this dev team, is useless… they continue to show just how out of touch they are.

to the people that praise them for their terrible work. why ??

16 Likes

These are pretty nice runewords! I would’ve loved for rune stacking or currency tab, as I think that’s the greatest flaw with D2R at the moment, but these are nice nonetheless.

My suggestion would be for “Cannot Be Frozen” in Hearth, to make it more appealing, and so that Rhyme isn’t required for the midgame.

3 Likes

I’m not complaining, there’s definitely value for situational use. At least they’re milquetoast enough that no one should be complaining about the game being broken.

Cool, decent mid game helms, Ground could help get through A2’s beetles and mages, then Hearth for a Duriel battle.

Lore is still slightly above though, but these are solid enough to add in if you find the runes.

They need can not be frozen and + to skills for all the classes that dont have class specific helms with natural + to skills.

Oh look, runewords to counteract the sunder charm penalty…

So original and creative :rofl:

15 Likes

Next up, in season 4, we get 5 items that convert any damage type dealt to 50% original and 50% given element!

1 Like

Yeah I suppose you could look at it that way. But at a max of 60% resist for the elements anyway, it’s almost there… Not to mention giving up the other powerful mods you’d be wearing with other current BiS helms. :smile:

You missed the little piece about the elemental absorb? The only one that doesn’t completely offset the charms is the “Cure” helm :rofl:

You still have that 75% max resist restriction to get around. Yeah the absorb closes the gap, but without bumping the max resists with other items, there’s still a small damage gap. Plus with losing those coveted other powerful mods from the current BiS helms, we do less damage and/or have less defense, thus enabling enemies a longer period of time/more of a chance to do damage to us.

Plus, it’s just to a single damage type. There’s a tradeoff. The sky isn’t falling.

Eh? They are literally level 35 helms.

Temper and Bulwark look to become BIS for certain merc builds… :rofl:

Why does everything have to be a runeword?

These items are way too good for what they are(the helm cycle) and should be nerfed. They overpower everything thats comparable in their level range both based on their stats and their cost. They’re simply too efficient using runes that are way too common and not readily used in other runewords. You will find Shael/Io/X rune like 10 times over before you find something a rare or unique item thats comparable to them(like a rockstopper). Blackhorns may as well not exist when this item does since this Shael/Io/X is something you will find 10 of before you find a blackhorns, which is rarer but worse than the lightning version. This game doesn’t need more braindead options like spirit or insight, its best when it has more choices, and this just makes considering anything other than these helms a waste of time and effort. Once you make this, you can pretty much ignore any unique or rare item that drops in this level range.

You will see some varation of this helm being used in softcore and hardcore up until people get a shako, its just that good and you literally can keep making these until you get 60 resist because shael and io are so common. If you want to make this item type a choice, rather than an obvious pick, the resists should probably cap at 45% and the absorb should be lower than 10 and even then people will still 100% be making these because of how cheap it is for the stats given.

The resist variants are functionally a kiras helm due to the absorb but available at level 35. That is insane and way too good. Again, you could reroll these helmets using the runes required 10 or so times before you found a comparable low level helmet to any roll on one of these. You could literally make one of these for every resist before you found anything comparable to kiras.

7 Likes