Firewall Hits not Registering

Not talking about its damage. Talking about its hit detection. Depending on the angle you put it under a mob, sometimes it wont register at all. Had several instances (with infinity) where 2 firewalls were doing no damage under a creature.

Only happened since patch

6 Likes

I wondered about this, glad I’m not the only one seeing it.

Nilathak is prolly one of the greatest offenders right now, since his animation looks like he is hovering over the ground.

Here’s the 2.3 fire wall collision bug shown on act2 baal wave size 1 target, a skeleton mage:

2 Likes

Yupp you guys at Blizz have to look at firewall once more, asap…
My FO/FW Sorc is in serious trouble after the patch…

1 Like

There is was no reason to nerf FW absolut not a single argument to nerf this skill if we have a Class like Paladin which dominates many aspect and have complete broken mechanics.

Blizzard is so famous to turn the community against them and make them mad about their current “fixes”

losing faith more and more

1 Like

Firewall as a skill is fine with the fix, the problem is hits are not being registered , elevation, mobs walking through it, not triggering its damage.

I have a level 40 fire wall, when it works, mobs melt. when it doesn’t work, well you know when it doesn’t work, the mobs health is full and the firewall has disappeared.

Its the tickrate by lowering the Tickrate of FW the hit fw registers are less and right now to zero.

And if they increasing it again there are more ticks and hits registered.

On my opinion they should revert it back before patch. it was not OP and the best way to make Hybrid builds great and gave us more diversity in gameplay.

Like i said incompetent Company.

1 Like

Look at the video in this post, there are several instances where firewall isn’t doing any damage when clearly mobs are standing in it.

I have an infinity, i can break immunities and even when there are no fire immunities present. such as oblivion knights in chaos sanctuary, they sit in it, taking 0 damage.

I buffed my firewall damage to 18-19k a couple days ago by buying fire skillers (wasted Puls and Mals) and my sorc is still much worse than a week ago with 12k damage. Lots of enemies can walk through 2-3 firewalls without much damage. I’m thinking about respec’ing to cold or lightning. It’s a pity because I really enjoy the cheesy playstyle that is possible with firewalls.

1 Like

Doing some more tests with this, I have a lvl 42 FW/FM/Warmth. This also seems to have adopted the blizzard problem. Casting FW on top of the mob sometimes doesn’t connect at all as seen in the video above. Placing FW adjacent to the mob where the line runs through him seems to connect always.

Don’t know how they messed that up lol.

I understand they wanted to fix the bug with FW hitting harder than intended. Please be quick with fixing it so it actually registers its damage though. This new buggy interaction feels worse and is obviously more punishing for players to have to deal with.