Fire Sorc with sunder charm

I started new ladder season to test Fire sorc with new charm and i am quiet dissapointed.
I am currently only level 75 and i am doing really trash damage with this new charm to any old fire imune monsters (i know that charm don´t remove any resists)

Maybe charm is a good once you get top tier equip, but until this time, game will be struggling on hell. I am even not mentioning poor resists.

What do you think guys ? Is it worth to try to hold that time and with +15 skill to all, you will be able to handle hell without any issues ?

It’s pretty useless without further gear to lower resists (flickering flame, facets), but that was obvious from the start. That’s the reason why everyone and their mother is playing cold sorc.

2 Likes

so there is no change to playstyle and no new viable builds from the start…only optional end game. Sorry i was not there longer time. I didnt know that charms will be so lame from the start.
So level 75 on that charm is pretty useless, you still cant use it, because it has no effect.

I also tried hydra build and also lame dmg. Only with top equip what you mentioned.

Sorceress is only good with Cold Sunder due to Cold Mastery which further break immunities. The only problem with playing blizzard is the 1.8 sec cooldown which really sucks

1 Like

I think there will be a certain threshold (with Infinity, facets and other gear) where other specs are better/stronger because the other trees amplify the damage but without the top gear I agree, cold sorc all the way,

Fire won’t be good till you have all the bells and whistles, like someone mentioned. You want Flickering Flame, 3x Rainbow facets, a -20% + 20% shield Monarch, Infinity on your merc. All of it. But by then Meteor is going to be hitting 30k+.

3 piece tal set, belt mask and orb do -15 res, put two -5 +3 cheap facets into them and then wear an ormus +3 fireball with another facet and you get to -30 res, which granted is not perfect but does allow you to kill venom lords in CS without much trouble.

Phoenix shield would be better than monarch with facets imo, -28 and redemption aura.