Fire druids still not viable

I’m level 59 at the beginning of hell and struggle to kill basic zombies on the Blood Moor. My gear isn’t amazing, but it’s got the basics. Lore, stealth, rhyme, spirit. I have maxed firestorm, fissure & volcano and I’m working on molten boulder. This needs another damage boost or something in 2.5.

are you online or offline? ladder?

What you need to do is Nightmare baal runs players 6+. Do this till at least level 70 and level 74 if you can stomach it longer.

Elemental dude scales extremely well with plus skills, so try to get more of those on your gear.

Needs more cowbell imo.

If I can clear hell cow level with a Naked Fire Summon Druid pre 2.4, there’s simply no reason you cannot get pass hell act 1 with your geared fully committed Fire Druid

I would have maxed volcano and molten boulder earlier. They boost each others physical damage, which you need in hell. On my Immolation amazon I used a cold rogue which was very strong. But she needs a tank to keep the monsters away, otherwise she won’t shoot.

If you’re struggling to kill zombies, then you just need more levels. 10 more would give you a pretty good damage boost.

Fire druid is amazing now. Run Stony Tombs with an MF setup, it’s really good.

I was under the impression fissure is the best primary fire attack. Is this not the case?

it is, but why use just one when you can cast a bunch of things while it’s on cooldown and do way more damage.

there’s probably a rotation/priority guide somewhere for best dps. i even bet one of these forum nerds know. i bet it’s something like:
keep Armageddon up at all times
Fissure
Volcano until Fissure is ready

fire druid isnt something i’ve done this season yet. yet.

jeez here
https://d2.maxroll.gg/guides/fissure-druid

Huh, my main this ladder season has been a Fire Ele, Armageddon and Volcano are extremely strong in p1…one of the few builds that naturally has dual spec damage. hilariously I’m still using a stealth at level 87 haven’t cared to upgrade to an enimga, i have more fun running around with armageddon flying around me.

Not outside of normal, and deffinetly not in Hell. You’ll need to use the dual dmg type, skills, Molten Boulder, Vulcano and Armageddon. You can still use Fissure in your rotation, if there’s no fire immune.

I’ve got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!

1 Like