Finally bought D2R - I would really love to have /players x on ladder

I’d say the lack of the players command on ladder is the only reason I’ve chosen offline. I like playing solo but I’d like to be able to scale difficulty/rewards while also being able to trade from time to time. No trade is better than no /players command imo.

This has already been asked and answered by Blizzard:

If anything to set a “monster difficulty” on game creation were to come, it would need to be separate from what the player count does to them, that way the monsters can still scale up in difficulty with more players in the game. Likely something along the lines to what Monster Power was for Diablo 3.

I could see a modifier that simply increased the monster density, health and damage, but no adjustments to drop rates per monster.

The devs reasoning is off imo. He “doesn’t want to add reasons for players to not play with each other on bnet”. But FFA looting already does that. And I assume there are working pickits for this version of D2 just like they were before D2R.

And so the best way to play bnet is to hijack other players games and solo an area where the rest aren’t.

I’m perfectly fine with offline at least. Thanks for the timestamp though.

1 Like