Ladies and gents, this matchmaking system is not working. Period. I feel like it may even be bugged. But whether due to bugs or not, I have managed to find exactly ONE player since launch. Found him while doing tomb “runs” (Haha, runs… on console… ya right). Otherwise, no matter what I choose; bosses, areas, or quests, I always end up in a game by myself. This was supposed to be a “faithful remaster of the original D2 experience.” Well, it’s not. It’s a travesty. An absolute abomination. How are we supposed to level? How are we supposed to mf? How are we supposed to trade? Rush? The list goes on.

How is there not even an option to create a public game for my party if playing with friends??

This is a joke. Lobbies with named games are NOT an optional feature. This stupid matchmaking system should be the optional one! Lobbies need to be implemented IMMEDIATELY or this game is going to die a quick death.

Stop treating console players like some kind of sub humans that can’t figure out how to type. There is a BUILT-IN VIRTUAL KEYBOARD on console. Let us freaking USE IT. Is it clunky? Yes. Is it better than this horrendous system we have now??? YES! YES! A MILLION TIMES YES!!!

Implement proper lobbies, and in game text chat, with haste. Please. This is not how diablo 2 was meant to be played. It is a terrible, lonely experience on console right now. You literally can’t play the game properly online. Right now you have single player (“offline”) or you have online single player (“online”). And if, by some miracle, you do finally manage to get into a game with another person, you CAN’T COMMUNICATE! It’s an embarrassment that you thought this approach would work.

This is a game that is made great by the interaction with the community. Without that, it is just an old game with outdated systems, and it will be a ghost town on console within weeks.

DO SOMETHING VV. Not in a few months. This needs to be implemented immediately. And you need to COMMUNICATE THAT YOU ARE ACTIVELY WORKING ON IT. Otherwise the console launch is going to be an utter failure.

90 Likes

agreed ill be switching to pc immediatly under this lobby system unless they figure out the comm and lobby systems

5 Likes

i have very little hope that Activison Blizzard is going to give a rats a** about your opinion.

Who thought this:
“no lobby? no chat? GREAT IDEA”

15 Likes

That’s horrible. They killed d2 on consoles already.

17 Likes

Yeah having the same issue… it makes it feel like a single player game… no way to trade, communicate and haven’t seen one person in a game yet. They need to fix this… im already saving up for a PC now.

13 Likes

Just find people on forums and discord and what not and find people that way to play with. that way you also wont get screwed over on mf loot runs haha.

@ultrabored it shouldn’t work like that. Blizzard need to fix party finders!

10 Likes

Except, it not just my opinion. The entire playerbase seems to agree.

This seems like one of those situations where the devs just over thought this one. By trying to “make it more accessible for console players” they’ve absolutely ruined the game. Just replicate the original experience, like they said they were going to. Us console players will figure it out.

21 Likes

@hardcaliber , It is definitely not just your opinion. I am equally upset about this, and will likely stop playing if it does not get resolved immediately.

17 Likes

Didnt you read the blue Post telling us how proud they are of the great modernized System.? You really think they admit they did something wrong ? Hehe Good luck

9 Likes

Post a link… I hope you are wrong…

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m of the same mind on that. I’ll keep grinding it out in what essentially amounts to single player for a little while here, in the hope they will realize this isn’t working and fix it. But I’ll eventually have to bin this game if I can’t even trade or do something as simple as leveling runs.

6 Likes

One hundred percent. The idea that there would be no lobby system and no game browser is ridiculous!! I mean, it’s not like they don’t know how to do it. Look at Overwatch, crossplay AND has a game browser, and Overwatch is a BLIZZARD game!

Just do what you did with Overwatch, create a game browser and allow a chat system. Hell, if you wanted to be fancy, you could even allow mic’s. Novel concept.

9 Likes

It’s a shame….ive been playing for 3 days online and didnt run into anyone !

11 Likes

They just ignoring us…I think pcs are they priority :frowning:

10 Likes

Agreed wholeheartedly. I don’t often post on these forums, if at all, only lurk. Yet, I am responding here in the hopes that Blizzard gets the message that the console multiplayer is, as you said, a travesty and an abomination. As far as I am concerned, D2R is a single-player only game on console.

No, I don’t want to voice chat with strangers. No, I don’t want to have the system throw me into some random game (likely with no one) without knowing the goal of that particular game (like one of the options is free roam…really? What does that even mean?)

I am having a blast with the game and the console version seems far more stable than the PC version at present (likely due to significantly less players), but the complete lack of multiplayer on console - because it’s just that bad - is not cool.

13 Likes

A few of us figured out how to get folks in a game, but, still no communication… Most of my friends already play on PC, sadly I cannot join them due to some Error that prevents me from logging in. This is very sad to me, I purchased 2 copies and can’t even play one of them and 99% solo on the other.
In agreement with most on here, Please, FIX the issues so we can all communicate and have fun as the game was meant to be!!

4 Likes

Agreed, This lobby system is absolute trash. I haven’t been able to find anyone to play with since launch. They have completely killed the co op play with this set up.

14 Likes

Well, I’ve said it multiple times already on this forum, but I’ll rant about it as many times as needs be. I completely agree.

I’ve played with a total of TWO (2) people since server maintenance on launch, and even when I did finally manage to play with someone, I couldn’t communicate. Having to close the application to try and invite them to a party, or send them a message fast enough in the hopes they don’t leave before hand. This is unacceptable and inexcusable in a 20 YEAR OLD GAME THAT ALREADY HAS CHAT FEATURES AVAILABLE.

Oh, and if someone has their privacy settings a certain way, inviting someone to a party or sending them a ps4 message is almost impossible.

Whoever made this decision and thought it was a good idea to be implemented is either a moron or has never played an online game on console in their life.

14 Likes

Lobbies&&&&Chat&&&&Mouse and keyboard

16 Likes