Feature requests for D2R

I’ll write these in an unorganized patch note style, as if they were released in a recent patch:

• Added an option in the launcher to skip to battle.net when launching the game
  • Added an option to disable mouse window capture
  • By default upon first launching the game, max player count is set to 8, character level restriction is off, and character level difference is set to 99 for online game creation
  • Loading screen times have been greatly reduced
  • An option has been added to automatically skip cinematics.
  • When leaving a game, the graphics mode you were in will be remembered upon entering a new game
  • The “Friends” and “Recently Played With” category drop downs will default to expanded when clicking the Friends List lobby button
  • Pressing Alt + Z while on the character select screen will now activate screenshot mode, which will hide the Play and Lobby buttons
  • A difficulty selection drop down menu has been placed below the play button. Your last played difficulty will be remembered, making the play button even more streamlined for multiple games
  • A game filter text field has been added to the public games list
  • Double clicking a public game will now join it
  • The current game duration has been added next to the game name in the public games list
  • A new AFK tag has been added to the game and will be appended to players’ names after 5 minutes. If all members present in a public game are AFK, the game will be de-listed from the public games list
  • The name of your previous game will now be populated in your new game name field
  • The password of your previous game will now be populated in your new game password field
  • When a public game is selected, the name of that game will be populated in the game name field above the public game list
  • When a public game is selected, the players list is now shown by default instead of settings
  • Public games’ descriptions can now be much longer
  • The /nopickup command no longer disables automatic gold pickup
  • The active stash tab from your previous game will now be remembered in your next game
  • You can now shift left click an item to identify it as long as a tome or scroll of identify is present in your inventory (will not work if scroll or tome is in your stash)
  • There is now an option to see the item level of items that can be equipped
  • Key bindings default as global key bindings, with character-specific key bindings optional
  • The aura that act 2 mercenaries use will be listed in parentheses next to the combat style in legacy mode
  • The game version and expansion mode are no longer shown on the automap in legacy mode
  • The current “players” setting will be shown in the automap information label in single player
  • An option to forget maps in single player has been added
  • A Holy Grail mode is now available. The Holy Grail is configurable in options. Only items which were first looted by your character in private one-user games will be eligible
  • A “new game” button has been added. When pressed, a new private game will be made and joined instantly from the current game, using the settings of the Play button
  • Deckard Cain has decided he’s sick of hearing Qual-Kehk’s old war stories, and now hangs out down the stairs from Larzuk in Harrogath
  • Socket protection mode can now be activated in the options and assigned a key binding
  • The cursor icon will no longer change to the identify icon when attempting to use an empty Tome of Identify
  • The number of sockets an item has will now be shown in parentheses at the end of the item label
  • An option has been added to append a tag to the front of ethereal item labels
  • Flying enemies that die in unreachable areas will drop their loot in reachable areas
3 Likes

But wouldn’t all that require like a bare minimum amount of effort? So, seems unlikely. Great list though!

1 Like

With game developers, I always start with at least +1 to hope. Their actions immediately following will tell me if there’s any chance of these happening.

So far I’m still holding on to that +1, but it’s waning. It’s only been a couple days. What they do in the coming week will largely determine if this project will be well maintained or not and whether or not a list like this would ever come to fruition.

1 Like

I wanted so much a key binding option on consoles… I hope the devs make this happens!

disable mouse capture

The default is uncaptured so I don’t know what this is all about. I had actually download a program to keep the mouse captured in the window for teleporting etc.

That said, I hope they implement all of these.

Also, whatever game is highlighted pops up in the cursor box in lobby game list – that should be added