Failed to initialize graphics card?

Two weeks I was not able to get the battle.net launcher to work and now that the launcher mysteriously started working again Diablo 2 says my graphics card cannot be initialized.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM|64.0 GB
3070Ti 8GB DDR6X
Just did a fresh install of nvidia game ready driver 516.59 that was released two days ago.

Any other ideas?

Howdy!

The error: “Graphics card cannot be initialized” is either a result of a TDR error, a conflict such as with a third party software or block(Anti-virus). Performing a clean installation of the driver was a great first move. If the issue continued I recommend the following steps:

1. Place the system into selective startup. Then restart the PC to get into this mode it will simply tell Windows not to load any background programs that normally automatically load. It’s a great way to narrow down a third-party software conflict.

2. If you utilize any anti-virus programs make sure they are fully set up to exclude the Battle.net Desktop Application and Diablo II: Resurrected folders from all scans.

3. Related to step 1 if you utilize any type of remote software for work some of these programs will install a graphics driver thus the game attempts to use it. You may wish to temporarily uninstall any third-party remote or streaming software to narrow down the source.

I look forward to getting you back into the action soon!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.