"Failed to enter game, this character is already in a game on the server"

Beta tester here. Seeing the same issue. Restarting the launcher doesn’t work, Pc restart doesn’t work, and sometimes the message is different and says, “this character is already in a game.”

1 Like

6 hours now - still shows my char stuck preventing me from joining a game :frowning:

its a server side error, which probably kept your char or login intact and it won’t clear it on the server. So restarting your PC not going to work.

Battle Tag: Shanson#1826
Character: All
Region: Americas
Platform: PC
Time: 6:30m est

Battle Tag: Funk#1653
Character : Sinn
Platform: PS5

Stuck since 1:30pm CST

Battle Tag: Balakk#1213
Time: 12:30pm MST stuck.

Came up with a sort of fix maybe? it will make you go back a bit wherever you played last but I ended up going into my C drive then went into my user account and then locating the saved games files folder for D2 Resurrected. There should be multiple online Ma files and I ended up moving the ma0 out of the folder and the game started working for me again.

1 Like

Battle Tag: Repentance#1430
Character: Mr_Nimbus

I have new characters that have never been in a game that i can’t play with (therefore are not in that folder).

:confused:

Holy crap. it worked on one of my other characters!!!

battle : abeus#1799
character : ALL
platform : PC
time : 19h03 canada

still can’t join any game… character locked again come on blizzard fix that HUGE probleme seriously… we payed like 70-90$ for that game… and can’t even play…

Battle Tag: wildshroom#1107
Time: Approx 6PM Eastern time zone

Battle Tag: PsychoBamboo#11515
Character: Salade and Bob
Time: 7:00 PM

Battletag Vikingpirate#11309
Character Freyja Thor Sigurd (all of my characters)
Region Americas
PC
1PM CST its 6:22pm CST and still not working.
You’ve removed your banner stating you’re working on it and I’m still unable to play

I assume if one character isn’t working then none of them do once you fix the (broken save?) file they should in theory all start working

fixed.

20 characters

If you can change REGIONs at the bottom left on your battle.net login to Europe, try logging in there and seeing if your characters are present. if they are then you can try logging in and save and quit and switch back to US. this worked for me, but I lost some progress though.

Battle Tag: Swiper#11156
Character: Swiper
Platform: Windows 10 PC
Locked out: 6PM EST

There is a fix available that at least worked for me, but I lost some progress doing it. Swap to Europe’s servers for battle.net by swapping regions next to the play button for your diablo II Resurrected. Try logging in and getting to your characters then. if you can save and quit from a game and swap back to US. it should shake it free.

Man, looks like they got me out of my game but I lost the last couple hours of progress. Missing my Halls of Pain WP, the set item drop from Baal, and my completion of normal mode… that sucks…