Failed to enter game possible fix

During Maintenance yesterday my game ended up crashing while I was trying to change games. I ended up getting hit with the “Failed to enter game, this character is already in a game server”. After several attempts to get in including trying to make new characters to join a game it would never let me in and would crash every time I tried.

I ended up finding a fix hopefully. I believe it is a corrupted save as after I had fixed it I lost about 30 minutes of gameplay so if you really want to play again you can try my fix. Go to C:/users/name/Saved Games/Diablo II Resurrected and there you will see files for all your characters. Whichever character is stuck move their file “Charactername_online.MA0” out of the folder. Then restart up the game and you should in theory be able to play again.

This worked for me and I am curious if it will work for other people. Unfortunately it seems like its a corrupt save issue so I don’t know if there is a way to save all your progress from the crash.

I have heard that you can try to switch to another server like the Europe server then switch back as a fix I haven’t tried this but worth trying for sure.

1 Like