"Failed to enter game, this character is already in a game on the server"

I started playing at launch, after taking a 10 minute break I came back to attempt to join an online game and received the error, “Failed to join enter game, this character is already in a game on the server.” I have logged out, logged back in, restarted pc, scanned for updates and repairs. I cannot join online game with any character, newly created or not.

392 Likes

Same here, I’ve tried restarting, waiting an hour etc. Can’t get in.

20 Likes

It might, just might have something to do with that message with the yellow ! on the launcher.

5 Likes

Same issue. Cannot log in on my main character or on an alt.

6 Likes

same here cant join game after restart Diablo

5 Likes

Same here, this is stupid.

4 Likes

Same problem, can’t create a game after AFKing out

2 Likes

Same here… my char also rerolled 1 level back.

2 Likes

Same here, i’ve been waiting offline 20 min and still in a game server…

3 Likes

Had this in beta too… after waiting 30min it worked… but i dont want to wait 30min >.<

3 Likes

I am having the same issue.

1 Like

Same problem here… Can’t even create a new hero: black screen

9 Likes

Same Here, Failed to join enter game, this character is already in a game on the server.,
Cant create, join… Jesus, solve dat plz

2 Likes

Smt money, and cant play --’ sad…

3 Likes

same here wtf i cannot join char is already in the game on the server. Somone fix this this was a beta issue why is it still in the game on launc hwtf.

2 Likes

The same shi*t. Is this release? This is BETA!

4 Likes

Great the error disappeared but the new one is could not find character on server…

3 Likes

I am having the same issue. I created an Act 1 Den game and someone joined and started rushing through content. I decided to leave and make a private game. So I wouldn’t have to worry about someone joining and rushing. It is a shame that it feels almost like I was punished for creating a new game to not rush.

2 Likes

I’ve got the same thing. If you’re EU when it comes back up I’d be happy to have a more chilled play through with you instead of rushing!

3 Likes

More and more people getting roll backs and cant join because character is alrdy in game… fix this -.- these are problems which we all know since beta.

5 Likes