Explain why 2h barbs have been wrecked?

they changed ww ias back in 2.4.3

In 2.4 ias was no longer dependent on weapon ias for ww.
Same for fury druid and bear druid (specifically fire claws).

with dual wield both weapons are averaged for ww speed and additional ias was required from gear to hit certain breakpoints.

Also slow and frozen now affects ww speed.

2 Likes

Agree being specific is crucial.

1 Like

Absolutely. 1H weapons and 2H swords have decent attack speed tables, other 2H weapons have disproportionately high breakpoints without eIAS from Fanaticism or BoS (and Frenzy but that’s not really practical when you’re using a 2H) which pretty much pidgeonholes you into using a Faith merc or pre-buffing Bos from Hustle if you want the higher breakpoints.

They also need to allow 2H weapons to hit 4 frame again, it sucks that there was a 25% blanket nerf to 2H weapons top speed.

2 Likes

Agreed ww 2h needs a buff.

3 Likes

I think there was a video demo of how 2h weapons underperform vs 2x 1h anyway. Will have to look for it.

Edit: 2,5 let the two hand ww barbarian still broken from 2.4.3

So it stands to reason that if 2x 1h weapons outperform a 2h weapon, then 1h + shield is likely a better option than wielding a single 2h weapon.

why should this ever be a thing? tell me never played a D&D game without telling me. 2handers should hit hard and less often. 1handers should hit less hard but more often.

the game was designed this way and terribads have cried enough to literally almost rip the entire RPG out of this ARPG.

it does, but not with garbo idea like this topic.

buff the dps, but dont funnel it into a max ias challenge. slow 2hnd weapons hitting less for much more per hit should be a thing.

3 Likes

Alright imma head out.

Play Wow, not D2

This game was actually designed to have 1h and 2h hit 4 frames, not abide by your nonsense white washed DND analogy.

anything else?

1 Like

guess youre too young to play d2 pre lod

is got no reason why 2 handed is not playable anymore , just pure incompetence from the dev team deleting option from the game . same with bear druid ect … only the Ancient King Bul-Kathos are playable today , and a little Shadow Wolf Tribe 1 hand , all other tribe R.I.P bear 2handed mace .crane polearm . snake warpike all RIP 50% of the weapon mastery is delete , this is just so dump to have incompetence people working on this game 1 hand weapon will make more damage vs a big 2hander make 0 sense :-1: , anyway my best advise dont waste your time with d2re barbarian go play , poe barbarian or grimdawn , every other game offer a better barb experience that simple

remove Grief.

change weapon mastery or add a passive that applies.
in addition to current, adds
level 1 : 10 damage 1handed / 20 damage 2handed
level 2 : 10 damage 1handed / 20 damage 2handed
ect

you dont have to make these chance . so much trouble for coding the game , d2re dev staff is only 1 guy working too the basement of is house , also 2 handed barbarian use to rule the old day of classic and dont have this ,

all they have to do , give us back the 20 year whirlwind ias table from 1.09 to 1.14 nothing is wrong with this table , the dev want to make whirlwind more weapon friendly np just add ias from the gear . they dont need too increase the ias requirement from 80% to 124% too a class that have 0 ias passive skill , is just a pure lie from the dev or pure incompetence , something that ask 70 ias before ask now 125 or something asking 80 ias before ask now 175 ias and on the top WTF IS THIS ??? also you drop in 5 frame mean a other drop of dps , is just brain dead too something that use to be weak . d2re team how to delete option from the game or i will say how to delete the game , be sit down around the table with these dev ,oh buy this will be funny to ear them answer my question how clueless they are

Reverting to previous 2.4 ww IAs and adding current gear IAs would be just half of the much needed fixes.

2h weaponry is just super Bad , can’t compete with dw grief (or single grief ) with just 2 exceptions (furrys and lol Charge pallys killing Ppl)

2h weapons need a rework either base damage/benefit from stre / increased mods … All of em? .

1 Like

Very sad how barbs get their hopes up and then crashed.

Saw that llama was complaining that hustle prebuff was op with breath of the dying.

I mean it costs a zod, why shouldnt it do damage similar to a Lo?

I guess you were too. Whirlwind always reached its max attack speed regardless of ias in classic d2.

I mean if you remove grief everyone would realize how garbage melee is so that could be a good step.

Grief is definitely a crutch that meta gamers have been using to excuse the sorry state of melee in the game.

3 Likes

It is almost like there is an agenda against the Barbarian…

I hear that Barbarian was once very good, but at some point (years ago) they were nerfed for some reason. Now,

• They primarily function as servants to the other class ( Bo, Shout, crowd control ) with inadequate pvm damage.

Additionally

• They are ironically restricted in what weapons they can use for best performance without restat ( unlike other characters, and despite being "weaponS Masters)
  • Being restricted to melee, there is a serious lack of end-game damage weapons (300-400ed Ethereal) in certain classes (polearm, spear, maces, hammers) to choose from.
  • There is absolutely something amiss with their ability to hit ( No one can tell me otherwise. I will provide video evidence of this at some point) where with 30K+ ar, barbs infrequently land hits on low defense opponents (pvp) while other characters classes with comparatively much lower skill level and attack rating melee hit the same, but often much more frequently, even against high defense opponents.
2 Likes

Because they are stupid and not a barb user.

4 Likes

The misses are probably due to the changes of next hit delay and lowering the amount of frames ww hits. Because it used to hit every frame, and now if you have the ias for it you can get up to 4 frames. So a lot of the X’s/misses that are seen are probably due to that. Not to mention if you are attacking a zon, they can dodge/block a lot of those frames, then they can slow you with impale, or never miss you with other auto hitting attacks.

Barb is the only class in the game that 100% relies on actually hitting your opponent with AR/Block/Def mechanics, every single other class has an ability that wont miss. (War cry and Leap attack need not discuss this, because everyone knows how insignificant the damage is on those attacks, especially in pvp.)