Explain why 2h barbs have been wrecked?

Because they are stupid and not a barb user.

4 Likes

The misses are probably due to the changes of next hit delay and lowering the amount of frames ww hits. Because it used to hit every frame, and now if you have the ias for it you can get up to 4 frames. So a lot of the X’s/misses that are seen are probably due to that. Not to mention if you are attacking a zon, they can dodge/block a lot of those frames, then they can slow you with impale, or never miss you with other auto hitting attacks.

Barb is the only class in the game that 100% relies on actually hitting your opponent with AR/Block/Def mechanics, every single other class has an ability that wont miss. (War cry and Leap attack need not discuss this, because everyone knows how insignificant the damage is on those attacks, especially in pvp.)

I mostly play non-ww barb. It is less noticeable with whirlwind due to how many strikes it produces. Leap attack, especially, has an awful hit rate, with high AR (30-40k).

When i say hit, i am including, blocks, dodges, etc. against a stationary opponent allowing themselves to be hit. When i say hits infrequently, i mean that the strike does not land and damage, or induce any of those defensive responses.

Combine that with the chance to block, dodge, move out of the way, etc. and the chance is even worse.

If it says I have a 95% Chance to hit, I would expect to land hits for damage, or induce those defensive responses that percent of the time, but it actually appears to be closer to opposite of that percent - 5-20% chance.

If we dont need more prebuffs, we definitely do not need more passives. Jesus Christ, barbs already don’t have enough skill points as it is.

Add those buffs to an existing skill that a barb would already put points into.

Barb with maxed BO, maxed weapon mastery and 1 to all the useful skills that you really dont want to go without (leap attack, nat res, increased speed, battle command, berserk, battle cry) has 60 points max to play around with.

So the only builds that have points to throw into some random damage increasing passive would be whirlwind, leap attack, zerk, double throw, and doubleswing. Two of those builds dont exist past the first week of ladder and frenzy would be yet again because it has 4 synergies, 2 of which are %damage.

1 Like

you’d literally get the max allowed 400 damage from what i suggested. so basically nothing would change in your build except youd get a free 400 damage like grief gives, and you wouldnt have tp use grief.

and when i said remove grief, i mean the 400 damage. change it to 400%ed.

1 Like

Buffs barbs amd nerfs smite, i approve.

1 Like