Ethereal Repairing items going to 0 durability (not counting throwing weapons) needs to be fixed

I really hope this gets fixed eventually as I feel I just had my whole world crushed lol. So I know a long time ago people used to say to be careful letting your ethereal items going to 0 durability…But I heard that got fixed as far as throwing weapons were concerned. Well I was doing pindleruns earlier today and my ethereal balrog blade with the following stats just got bricked.

118-603 one hand dmg
441- 954 two handed damage
20% attack speed (due to being shael runed)
+439% enhanced damage
+232 attack rating
4% mana leech
9% fire resist
repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds

This was a self-found item so you guys can see why it makes me so damn sad as it was my whole motivation for leveling and playing a barb as long as I have.

Hopefully you listen and eventually fix this bug. It was really cool that you (Blizzard) fixed this bug when it came to ethereal throwing weapons not repairing when their quantity went to 0, but I really hope you guys do it for other ethereal repairing weapons and armor as well.

At least give us an expensive (zod) option to put in the item and unsocket it again when we mess up really badly.

Hope somebody takes note of this…

2 Likes

There is nothing to fix. Durability 0 means the item is unusable.

Take that as a leason learned to never let an item reach durabilty 0.

So you’re saying throwing weapons should also become permanently unusable when they reach 0 quantity?

When throwning weapons reach stacksize 0 they are not unusable.
They are gone, like arrows or bolts.
Feel free to try yourself.

Talking about magic/rare/unique eth throwing weps with self-replenish, like the OP talking about a rare eth weapon with self-repair.

Throwing weapons remain throwing weapons, regardless what modifiers they got.

Yes, the difference being eth replenish throwing weps continue replenishing when they reach 0 quantity, unlike eth repair weapons that permanently break when they reach 0 durability.

Throwning weapons do not break. They will be “gone” like “not there anymore” or “ceased to exist”.

Non-white ones don’t disappear. “Feel free to try yourself”.

“testing”
huh? Blizzard changed that? Now that’s new!

Yeah, “new” ~23 years ago with v1.07 when LoD released. :stuck_out_tongue:

All I’m saying is since eth rep throwing weapons don’t become permanently broken when they reach 0 quantity, then eth rep melee weapons shouldn’t become permanently broken when they reach 0 durability either.

Given you info that should be the case. More testing then?

And that’s why I made the entire thread to begin with. Maybe you can actually help them fix this bug instead of basically lobbying for it to stay the same.