Essence Drops from Baal

Do I just have the worst luck in the world? I’m trying to create a token so I can re-stat another character because I hit an impasse and can’t go further. So, my Hammerdin has been collecting the essences and I have them all except for the one from Baal. I’ve probably done 40 or more Baal runs (and I don’t have time to play regularly) and I can’t get one to drop. Do other people go THAT long without an essence drop from Baal? It just seems a bit extreme.

Sounds like RNG is giving you the middle finger. It happens.

If my math is right, there’s only a 3.17% chance of not dropping a single essence from Baal in a span of 40 runs.

Suggestion: If you have an abundance of other essences, try trading 2x or 3x of them for 1x green essence.

1 Like

baal seems to drop the least for me . but i managed to make a token yesterday.

1 Like

Baal is the one that RNG sucks the worst for if you think about it. Like a 1:40 isn’t so crazy especially at P1 which is probably where you’re farming for them, but no other boss is there such a great barrier to entry. Even chaos which requires you to pop seals and kill seal bosses has a static map and can be sped ran. But RNG is just RNG, and baal being the worst is what it is.

1 Like

It will come. I didn’t think so either, then I got two from Diablo and one from Baal the next run, completing the token. Then the vicious cycle begins you see… I got two from Diablo… so it really shouldn’t be that bad to get another from Baal…20 runs later I’m back to complaining about Baal again lol.

1 Like