Es nova sorceress help*solved

First time playing sorceress and i never realized that monster immunities completely ruins the experience. Hell is nearly umplayable.

To break lightning immune creatures, i procured a lower reist wand and crescent moon runeword. They don’t work. Do i need a griff and infinity to break immunities? Is there any other cheaper methods?

Yeah, you pretty much need infinity at the minimum to make a pure lightning sorceress viable in Hell. You can still farm areas with no/few lightning immunes though like the Pits. Better off going dual element at first then respec once you can make an infinity. Lower resist wand is just too much of a hassle and expensive to repair to be used on regular/unique mobs.

Once you get infinity though lightning sorceresses rock.

1 Like

Well, for starters, neither Griffons nor Crescent Moon break immunities. You use them for mobs that have their immunities broken to deal respectable damage, otherwise you are left with a mob with broken immunity but still with something like 95% lightning resistance.

So yea - Infinity is the way to go. Lightning sorceress (whether it’s Nova or CL/Lightning) goes from meh to the strongest sorc build just like that.

Thanks for all your informative responses. I decided to go meteor orb for now. When ladder merges with non ladder, i will try an es nova then. I already have too many perfect items on the non ladder. Dont want duplicates.

Only lower resist & Conviction can break immunity.

Lower resist didnt work

Sure it works. But not for every monster because each monster have a individual light resist.

1 Like

I don’t know. I was in act 1 hell. I used a wand to lower resist and used crescent moon. Did little to no damage on the light immune zombie mob. So I changed to meteororb.

ES nova is basically the perfect key runner by the way. Even without infinity. Clear the ghosts too in arcane sanctuary. Lots of high runes to be found in there.

You have to be able to break immunity before any -resistance gears are in effect.

The issue is, lower resist curse is not strong enough able to break immunity of the mobs ( it is less effective than conviction) , hence the c moon - resist is not in effect.

When a mob has immunity, it simply means it has a resistance value over 100% say 110%.

To break immunity, you need a combination of over 10% effective -resist from conviction and/or lower resist. Also conviction/ lower resist effectiveness is 1/5 for immune mobs. So you need over -50 total -resist ( 50/5=10) to break immunity if that mob is 110% resistance of an element.

MrLlamaSC has a video on immunity that explain quite well. Just search on YouTube.

1 Like

Hey Ozy buddy saw your post here. I am not sure if my video will help. but i have a 200 FCR sorc which is not bad i feel. You can watch the video for reference.